- Pay Rate:
Up to £17.51 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Rugby, Warwickshire,
Temporary Funding & Treasury Officer – Finance
Job Ref: Rugby TCL 5240656
Pay Rate: Up to £17.51 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Rugby, Warwickshire
Office based or agile working.
The post holder may occasionally be required to attend Committee meetings as the Finance representative and deputise for others as required. This will result in the post holder working outside normal working hours on these occasions.
The purpose of this role is to take an active role for accounting and other financial activities relating to Funding and Treasury Management activities, in addition providing support and guidance to the Lead Accountant and Technical and Finance Manager on technical accounting matters.
In addition, the post is also to assist the Financial Services Team to provide financial advice and assistance on all aspects of financial activity from initial draft budget preparation to the completion of final accounts for audit.
- Build strong working relationships with external funding advisors, treasury advisors and Collection Fund stakeholders.
- Support the annual budget setting process, with responsibility for corporate funding and Collection Fund, and production of the medium term financial plan in accordance with legislative requirements and accounting standards.
- Support the Lead Accountants with the annual Council Tax Setting process including, Parish Precepts, Special Expenses and the Council Tax Resolution.
- Assist the budget monitoring process, with responsibility for corporate funding and Collection Fund and Treasury Management, producing and presenting Finance and Performance reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with and contribute to Committee/Cabinet/Senior Management team reporting. Supporting the review of financial implications, ensuring all information presented to enable informed decisions to be made by the Senior Management team and members.
- Support the Collection Fund year end accounting of Council Tax & Business Rates and to ensure the transactions of the Collection Fund follow statutory requirements.
- Assist with the production of the Council’s Financial Statements, Whole of Government Accounts and the external audit.
- Manage Treasury Management activity including monitoring investments to ensure compliance and adequate rate of return and daily cash management including the bank account.
- Work with Lead Accountant to ensure VAT treatment is correct and providing guidance to others.
- Undertake financial appraisals to advise on strategic investment options, in accordance with the Council’s relevant strategies.
- Assist with the preparation for and implementation of changes to accounting regulations.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum of AAT qualification (or other equivalent qualification).
Skills & Experience:
- Wide knowledge and at least three years experience in a professional finance environment preferably within the public sector.
- Competent in the use of a financial management system to produce budget reporting, annual accounts and financial statements in accordance with the CIPFA Accounting Code of Practice.
- Verbal communication skills that include explaining financial concepts to non finance staff.
- Plan ahead and priorities own time management and organisational skills.
- Able to demonstrate written skills to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with key customers.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex issues.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Funding & Treasury Officer – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.