- Pay Rate:
£20.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- PORTISHEAD, Bristol,
Full Job Title: Interim Front End Developer – IT Directorate
Job Reference: Avon BL TCL349864
Pay Rate: £20.70 per hour PAYE
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
This role is Hybrid.
A temporary contractor is required to undertake the role of Front-end Developer within the IT Directorate
The post holder acts as Front End Developer delivering innovative products and services for citizens and colleagues.
The role includes hands on design and development of bespoke applications, as well as website and intranet interfaces.
The role will be highly collaborative, looking at the latest trends and technologies whilst being analytical in order to ensure interfaces meet the needs of users by working closely with other developers, content designers and user experience colleagues.
The IT Directorate includes the technical analysis, design, development, installation, configuration, tuning and support of all devices, infrastructure and applications. The delivered services will operate to agreed performance standards.
The role will encompass all elements of the lifecycle. This will involve the analysis, design and creation of solutions, working within or acting as the technical lead for projects as well as inputting into architecture and strategy functions and the design and development of technical standards.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to design and develop websites that meet latest industry standards and accessibility requirements
- Experience of building on top of a Content Management System, such as WordPress and building Single Page Applications (SPA) from scratch.
- Experience of using prototypes and wireframes to build and test new designs
- Ability to research and resolve technical issues in a timely manner and provide recommendations and develop action plans to deliver effective and efficient resolutions.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:There is a requirement to travel around the County for which access to transport is required.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Front End Developer – IT Directorate
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.