- Pay Rate:
£15.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Lambeth, London,
Temporary Forensic Support Administrator – Resources
Reference no: MPS 0004 D3A0 / 1
CTC vetting required for this role
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
A Forensic Support Officer will process a forensic submission from receipt to conclusion, ensuring that submissions are accurately processed, allocated and recorded. They will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking advice on a forensic investigation and provide an effective, efficient administrative support function for the Directorate of Forensic Services.
- To accurately input essential data, interrogate, monitor and review both local and Case Management Information Systems and any other databases relevant to role.
- Provide an initial point of contact for all enquiries directed to the team. Provide a help-desk / liaison service for a variety of telephone, electronic and personal callers.
- Quality assure submissions to ensure accuracy of information and compliance with procedure. Reject exhibits which do not conform to prescribed standards.
- Flexible working to meet operational demand
- Create work packages and assign submissions according to forensic requirement and in line with procedures and contractual obligations.
- Store exhibits in line with rules of continuity and integrity.
- Prioritise workload according to the level of urgency of each case and regularly review and monitor cases to manage priorities.
- Process identifications/ matches in accordance with requirements
- Provide Management Information and Key Performance Indicator reports to line managers as required
- Complete administrative functions in association with tasks undertaken providing administrative support to the technical team.
- Provide timely and accurate minutes of Forensic Services team meetings
- Manage post production process of images
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to manage workloads and resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of the rules regarding evidence gathering, exhibit handling, continuity, integrity and the Criminal Justice System and be prepared to offer evidence and attend court if required.
- Ability to build effective relationships with customers, colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to manage customer expectation
- Desirable to have an understanding of the technical and procedural processes within Forensic Services.
- Confident decision maker and problem solver
- Manual handling essential to transport exhibits.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- CTC vetting required for this role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Forensic Support Administrator – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.