- Pay Rate:
£31.78 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- KINGS CROSS, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Food Safety Officer x2 – Business Compliance
Job Reference: Camden RQ736009
Pay Rate: Camden RQ736009
A background in food safety is mandatory for this role.
To carry out inspections, re-inspections and surveys and to be responsible for the investigation, enforcement and manage a more complex caseload.
To prepare and serve Statutory Notices and take enforcement action in line with the Council’s strategy and departmental enforcement policies.
To report and/or advise where statutory action is not appropriate and to initiate prosecutions for failure to comply with statutory instruments where appropriate.
To consult/negotiate with developers, landlords, contractors, business and other clients as appropriate, to ensure progress of casework.
To carry out site visits, surveys, inspections and to attend Public Inquiries, courts of law, and tribunals.
To prepare priced specifications, give advice and check legal notices drafted by more junior colleagues.
To be responsible for project/policy or areas of expertise.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB); or Diploma in Environmental Health (or its antecedents) awarded by EHRB or the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS); or Trading Standards Qualification Framework (TSQF) Awards which includes: Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards (DCATS) or Higher Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards (HDCATS) with Food Standards and/or Agriculture and/or Animal Health and Welfare service delivery module; Diploma in Trading Standards (DTS); or Diploma in Consumer Affairs (DCA Part II) provided it includes the Food and Agriculture Paper, or its antecedents
- Quality Assurance qualification e.g. Lead Auditor or the Higher Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards
- Background in food safety is mandatory
- High level relevant enforcement knowledge and the ability to apply that knowledge to the provision of high quality services.
- Proven experience of working on own initiative, establishing and maintaining work programmes and other plans
- Well-developed team working skills and the ability to work with professional and independently minded people.
- High level of literacy and numerical ability and the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in written form, with a wide range of audiences.
- Good interpersonal, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills and the ability to apply them towards maintaining effective and productive working relationships with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Food Safety Officer x2 – Business Compliance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.