- Pay Rate:
up to £40.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Food Health & Safety Officer
Reference no: Manchester 0006 D31E / 1
Pay rate up to £40.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
You will be responsible for a busy and varied workload in a friendly and supportive team, focussing on inspection programmes, responding to service requests, undertaking investigations and sampling. You will work across food hygiene, food standards and health and safety disciplines. You will be expected to complete inspection reports, establish and allocate food hygiene ratings and prepare schedules of work for food business operators. You will also be expected to investigate complaints relating to poor food hygiene practices and advise business on improvements and update customers
- Provide effective management, coordination and direction of a compliance and regulation function ensuring adherence through a variety of interventions whilst communicating the authority’s vision, corporate values, aims and objectives.
- Develop and administer thorough investigative procedures and regulatory protocols.
- Identify and support the implementation of change and improvements in support of organisational and compliance and regulation strategies.
- Effectively develop, manage, and quality control multi-agency referral processes to ensure excellence and effectiveness in targeted service delivery.
- Roles at this level may be required to undertake management duties, either through direct line management of a team (including appraisals, performance management and other duties) or through matrix management of a virtual team of officers.
- Maintain competence in subject matter specialism, undertaking research and information gathering to ensure Council adopts and maintains best practice in areas of specialism, providing ad hoc advice as required.
- Develop and deliver process improvement plans and strategies in accordance with agreed time, quality, budget and other performance criteria within the Council.
- Ensure that the team work within statutory guidelines and maintain relationships with other teams to ensure the highest standard of service delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate service delivery to ensure that performance targets are met and review strategies and procedures as appropriate, aligning them with customer demand and feedback to continually enhance the service.
- Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement.
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- EHRB registered Environmental Health Officer/ Registered Environmental Health Practitioner/Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner with experience of food enforcement and to have maintained their competencies
- An understanding of legislation relevant to enforcement in Food and Health & Safety and a practical approach to its application
- A good understanding of the UK legal system is required including a detailed understanding of a large number of Acts, regulations, guidance and codes of practice
- Excellent time management skills, creating own work schedules, prioritising, preparing in advance and setting realistic timescales for own self and others
- Has the ability to visualise a sequence of actions needed to achieve a specific goal and how to estimate the resources required
- Ability to find creative solutions where there are no existing parameters or procedural framework
- An ability to clearly communicate requirements to businesses
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Food Health & Safety Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.