- Pay Rate:
£28.20 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- WEMBLEY, LONDON,
Interim Fm Soft Services Manager
Reference no: Brent 5222546
Pay rate £28.20 per hour PAYE
To support the Head of Facilities Management in securing the continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of the FM soft service as a whole, including: procurement and tendering, project financial control and reporting, supplier performance management, environmental management and strategic FM delivery management. Responsible for the overall delivery of Soft FM Service operations including all cleaning, security and portering services at Brent Civic Centre and the wider Council operational estate including sub-contractors
- Encourage staff within the teams to meet their full potential and foster teamwork by creating an environment where ideas and innovation are explored and existing practices are challenged where improvement is possible.
- Implementation of operational plans within the service areas to fit with broader functional and Council strategy and contribution to the development of the Council’s Facilities Management strategies and policies to ensure an excellent, consistent and customer driven service is delivered across the Council’s operational portfolio.
- Evaluate current working practices and recommend improvements in line with service delivery requirements and resources. Identify ways to improve value for money, efficiency and/or effectiveness in all activities.
- Engage and regularly communicate with building users including establishing a rolling programme of Building User Group meetings across the Council’s operational estate to receive feedback on any issues.
- Assist the Head of FM in scoping, procuring and managing third party works and services relating to cleaning, security and portering services.
- Lead in the continuous development and improvement of the Soft FM services and to support Council services.
- Leading on production of FM management reports for the Head of Facilities Management and procedures for the FM Service to support improvements.
- Responsible for monitoring FM budgets relating to the soft service functions and contracts.
- Manage effective operational performance management of external sub-contractors and 3rd party services through regular liaison meetings, KPI setting/ reporting and development of supporting policies/ procedures to provide a framework for in depth analysis of performance.
- Deputise in the absence of the Head of Facilities Management
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional body, e.g. IWFM or BICSc
- Knowledge of modern facilities management methods and delivery systems and how to apply them
- Knowledge of performance management models and how they can be applied to supplier management
- Detailed knowledge of cleaning and security services and delivery methods
- Knowledge and understanding of budget setting, control and monitoring
- Experience in the management and delivery of Facilities Management services (specifically cleaning and security) to time, cost and quality
- Experience of successfully managing projects and awareness of the importance of managing issues and risks
- Experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Experience in setting up and managing shift pattern / rota scheduling for services delivery
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Able to manage and lead people and service teams, performance and budgets
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Fm Soft Services Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.