- Pay Rate:
up to £49754 per annum depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is Permanent
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Fleet Technical Officer
Reference no: LFB TCL0007 658A / 1
Pay rate up to £49754 per annum depending on experience
This opening assignment is Permanent
By ensuring that the Brigade obtains best value from the operation, maintenance and repair of its Vehicle Fleet and Operational Equipment supplied under the Fleet & Operational Equipment Items Management & Maintenance Contract. The post will provide technical support, monitor and report on the delivery of the related contracted out services and its own operating performance and standards and provide professional level support and management to the Brigade’s fleet and operational equipment activities
- To assist the Fleet and Equipment Monitoring Manager to provide engineering support for the Brigade’s transport and operational equipment requirements.
- To identifying and monitor trends and report on improvements that may be achieved in safety, reliability, maintenance and value for money for the vehicle fleet and operational equipment items.
- To keep up to date with the changes to legislation, operating and maintenance regulations and industry standards affecting Fleet Vehicles and Operational Equipment and to advise on their implications to the Brigade.
- To participate in the “Brigade Duty Transport Officer” out of normal hours emergency standby roster. Providing consultancy, professional advice to support the Brigade in dealing with problems involving major accidents, ‘bog downs’, roadworthiness and instances involving personal injury related to Fleet Vehicles and Operational Equipment items, providing liaison with contractors and other outside agencies as necessary.
- To inspect and test Fleet Vehicle and Operational Equipment items when required to validate estimates, repair standards and accept modifications.
- To undertake technical investigations, research and data analysis reports, recommend solutions and/or prepare reports into Fleet Vehicle and Operational Equipment project issues or incidents including accident Investigations, evaluations, trials and procedural instructions.
- To participate in liaison meetings with Operational Users, Health & Safety, Training and Contractor representatives as may be required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold a recognised diploma or qualification issued by a professional institution such as the Society of Operations Engineers /or The Institute of Fire Engineers and a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) (National) or provision of evidential experience of at least 5 years
- A detailed knowledge and appreciation of the principles of Partnership working Performance payments and Risk apportionment as applied to long term major contracts. Together with an understanding of trading, the concept of quality and service delivery to a client and the ways in which best practice could be applied in the context of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- An understanding of equality issues and a commitment to ensuring appropriate policies are applied in the context of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- An understanding of the principles and purpose of confidentiality and how they apply to the workplace. Including an awareness of the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act.
- An understanding of good health and safety practice including manual handling and risk assessment considerations within the emergency services environment and work places such as maintenance workshops, fire stations and office environments to ensure the health and safety of self and others together with an awareness of the regulations governing the use of display screen equipment.
- A good understanding of how sustainability can be integrated into the LFB asset replacement programmes
- Experience in commercial vehicles and/or fire fighting equipment operations and maintenance or possession of similar skill levels gained through other training and/or relevant experience, coupled with in-depth knowledge of the Motor Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations and other relevant transport legislation
- Experience of using project planning methods to major works programmes.
- Experience of carrying out technical and analytical test and investigation programmes and drafting detailed specifications and reports.
- Experience of using a range of information technology applications together with good keyboard skills and an understanding of the ways IT applications could be utilised in an office environment
- Good organisational skills together with the ability to work flexibly as part of a team, in order to identify and respond to changing priorities whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills both oral and written, for effective liaison with Service Providers/Contractors and Users
- Good interpersonal skills in order to mediate effectively between Users and Suppliers to ensure balanced outcomes are achieved that meet establish objectives.
- Good numerical skills required to monitor related budgetary issues
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Fleet Technical Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.