- Pay Rate:
up to £22.97 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, 08:30 - 16:15
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Fleet Manager - Waste Services
Reference no: NW Leicestershire 5244833
Pay Rate: up to £22.97 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36.25 Monday – Friday, 08:30 - 16:15
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
To lead in all matters relating to the council’s vehicle fleet and be the Operator licence holder, ensuring that there is compliance by the council to meet all requirements of the licence and fleet operations.
- Undertake all aspects of management of relevant staff and give technical and other advice as required.
- Responsible for long-term planning and procurement of relevant vehicles, equipment and stock to meet the needs of the organisation and in line with the council’s green ambitions.
- Overall responsibility of the vehicle maintenance workshop and for the quality and efficiency of work produced by the team.
- Ensure that working methods are in accordance with policies, procedures and safety standards, and that regular inspections are carried out, recorded and rectified or improved as necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- Manage the workshop and fleet budgets ensuring efficiencies where possible.
- Ensure full compliance of legislation and effective training is provided for drivers
- Develop performance reporting to drive improvements and shape decision making.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Current Valid Operator Licence (O Licence)
- Knowledge & experience of industry best practice and compliance.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice with regard to all aspects of fleet management including performance management
- Practical relevant Health & Safety knowledge.
- Experience of fleet procurement.
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of negotiation and budget management
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven analytical, problem solving and creative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to solve problems in pressurised situations
- Able to work flexibly, including some unsociable hours
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise work
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Confidence and resilience to deal with challenging demands
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and other appropriate ICT software systems (e.g Tracking and GPS systems, finance systems etc.)
- Proficiency with ICT (including tracking and GPS systems.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Fleet Manager - Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.