- Pay Rate:
up to £296 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Fire & Building Safety Officer
Reference no: Dudley 1004545
Pay rate up to £296 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
To be responsible for Fire & Building Safety within a designated allocation of housing stock, to ensure the Council and its contractors and consultants, comply with their responsibilities, including the coordination of activities and sharing of information
- To be responsible for discharging the duties under Fire Act 2021 in non-domestic premises, which includes the common parts of purpose-built blocks of flats), within a designated allocation of housing stock. This includes ensuring that the Council and its contractors and consultants, are competent, and comply with their responsibilities, including the coordination of activities and sharing of information.
- Responsible for conducting or commissioning appropriate FRA site assessments (Compartmentation / surveys etc.), FRA remediation and final documentary completion for any Dudley sites.
- To ensure that accurate Fire records / registers are available or disseminated to maximise the Fire & Building Safety to building property or the occupiers of the building.
- By appointment via a managed software diary system, liaise on-site with inspection officers from other departments prior to all work which may disturb asbestos and to suitably action and digitally document the appropriate level of inspection required prior to that work.
- Appointed via a managed software diary system, liaise and consult as a nominated FRA competent person with other departments, tenants, appointed contractors or others as and when/where required and produce appropriate follow up and reports as necessary.
- Provide full contractor management ensuring all contracted services operate safely and ensure contractor safety performance is achieved in line with their service level agreement.
- Provide documentary reports in line with legislation / best practice for FRA incidents and/or in an advisory capacity where necessary.
- Ensure that all received records of FRA surveys are accurate and robust ensuring all commissioned FRA surveys and assessments are reviewed and are deemed fit for purpose.
- In accordance with Regulation 4 CAR 2012, ensure that there is an effective Asbestos Management Plan (AMP) in place to manage the asbestos containing materials. In the absence of, or identified deficiencies in existing AMP, create or amended AMP document.
- To provide advice and reassurance during site visits to tenants, trades, officers and other departments where required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Fire & Building Safety Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.