- Pay Rate:
£13.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, within normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Financial Admin Support Officer – Finance Team
Reference no: N Yorkshire RQ613859
The Financial Support Officer will support the Senior Financial Support Officer in the development and operational delivery of a Joint Finance Team providing financial administration support to operational and frontline services through:
- Contributing to and supporting the delivery of a high quality financial support service across the Council – both to the management accounting function and to other services.
- Ensuring services are customer focused, high quality, and efficiently and effectively managed within the resources envelope available so that they represent best value.
- Supporting the financial management and accountancy officers and budget managers and assisting in the production relevant supporting material, in respect of budget monitoring (capital and revenue), financial forecasting and monitoring grants and funding, including section 106 and CIL
- Supporting the Senior Financial Support Officer in undertaking a full range of financial management processes, including, resolving issues, budget monitoring, reconciling accounts, supporting closedown of year end accounts, assisting with financial returns, car parks administration, parish precepts and handling cash.
- Supporting the administration of key financial processes and advising and assisting other officers on all aspects relating to their use such as:
- Banking and cash management
- Creditors and payments made by the council
- Debtors and payments made to the council
Providing support for key financial systems across the Council, assisting users and promoting full use of system functionality.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent financial administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Providing high level financial support in a busy environment
- Data management including manipulating financial data and producing reports ensuring accuracy and confidentiality
- Use of IT including spreadsheets
- Working in local, regional or national Government organisations.
- Awareness, knowledge and adherence to Information Governance/Data Protection principles.
- Awareness and knowledge and commitment to Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety legislation and of safeguarding responsibilities.
- Knowledge of project management and delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of local government including its policy framework, legislative requirements and funding challenges.
- In-depth understanding of performance management
- Strong awareness of partnership and collaborative approaches that enhance service delivery and maximise best value benefits
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Ability and willingness to attend meetings outside of normal business hours
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours outside of normal business hours at election time
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Financial Admin Support Officer – Finance Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.