- Pay Rate:
Up to £294.37 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Financial Investigation Officer – PSR 1JP00064050
Pay Rate: Up to £294.37 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Locations: Cardiff / Manchester / Hounslow. Please note the roles are office based up to 5 days a week.
Interim Financial Investigation Officers are required on a contract basis for approximately 12 months.
It is essential that you have current or recent POCC accreditation as a Financial Investigator and Confiscator, please provide details.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite, but will always help.
- Support and mentor newly recruited trainee financial investigators successfully through their accreditation process.
- Assist in building investigative capacity so every Criminal & Financial Investigation team has access to a local fully trained financial investigation resource.
- Assist in building investigative capabilities and capacities to enable financial investigators to fully utilise legislation to tackle the proceeds of organised immigration crime.
- Financial investigators will identify and recover the criminal finances, money movement and assets
- Assist in building investigative capabilities and capacities to enable the Department to exploit financial data and intelligence to support the evidence base needed to secure the prosecutions.
- Current or recent POCC accreditation as a Financial Investigator and Confiscator
- Experience of conducting financial investigations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 including, cash detention, confiscation, part 5 (civil recovery), listed assets and account freezing order investigations.
- Experience of taking these financial investigations through the associated Court hearings is also required.
- Experience of drafting summaries / statements in criminal and civil proceedings and attending Court to give evidence.
- Experience of analysing complex financial data and the presentation of such in an evidential format for Court and the completion and service of financial orders.
- Experience of applying the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 in criminal investigations.
- Mentoring/ training experience
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document.
- Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite, but will always help
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Financial Investigator / Officer- Investigations
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.