- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.47 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- BURY, Lancashire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Financial Assessment Admin Officer – Adult Care
Job Reference: Bury 0006 B36E / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £11.47 per hour PAYE depending on experience (Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation)
This role is Hybrid
To provide an efficient and effective Financial Assessment Service for the calculation of client contributions charges towards packages of Social Care Services in accordance with the Care Act 2014 and the associated Care and Support Statutory Guidance.
To provide an efficient and effective service making payments to Care Home Providers for funded packages of care.
To ensure Policies and Procedures are implemented, maintained, and monitored in accordance with Government and Council legislation, regulations, and guidance.
To continuously improve the Financial Assessment Service to Customers, Providers, and other associated stakeholders.
To provide information and advice to Customers, their representatives, members of the public, colleagues, and other stakeholders regarding the Financial Assessment Service.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience of working in a financial setting in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Knowledge of financial management and administrative procedures.
- Working knowledge of the services provided by Adult Social Care, the Care Act 2014 Care and Support Statutory Guidance, and Local Authority Financial Procedures.
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Excellent and effective communication and negotiation skills, and experience of dealing with the public in a service environment – face to face, over the telephone and written with an ability to deal with all cases with tact, sensitivity, professionalism and a regard for respect, dignity, and confidentiality.
- Literacy and numeracy skills with a high level of accuracy when maintaining records in accordance with Council Policies and Government Legislation, and an ability to apply complex knowledge gained and analytic skills to different scenarios.
- Effective at building positive and productive working relationships with internal and external colleagues, customers, carers, and service providers.
- Ability to manage tasks under pressure and rapidly changing deadlines, self-motivated with a proactive approach and capable of working on own initiative, and a team player demonstrating maximum flexibility, be disciplined and deadline conscious.
- ICT Skills: Experience of inputting and extracting data from IT systems, a competent Excel user with a high degree of systems literacy.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Financial Assessment Admin Officer – Adult Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.