- Pay Rate:
£11.11 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9 months
Temporary Finance Officer
Reference no: Dorset BL TCL358318
Pay rate £11.11 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 9 months
Perform central purchasing and exchequer activities for the Alliance with specific responsibility for sourcing (within contracts and non contract provision) goods and services including ICT, travel & accommodation provision, the administration and accurate processing and recording of payments, receipts and other financial transactions. Dealing with the security of seized monies and providing financial support to major operations as required
- Source purchasing requests within corporately set service standards including short notice urgent requests.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers in respect of stationery, printing, and other consumables, administering stocks and orders as necessary
- Check and process all invoices received on to the financial system within specified timescales, including claims from the public (e.g. Interpreters Fees, Pedlars Certificates and Lost Property returns).
- Agree, and if necessary, challenge purchase requests with customer. Advise on use of, and use appropriate contracts and suppliers to meet the customers agreed needs in the most cost effective manner
- Administer receipt of goods inwards, including storage and distribution as necessary
- Ensure all relevant items are added to the Force inventory in accordance with Force financial regulations
- To add new suppliers to the procurement systems as necessary
- Raise sales invoices. Monitor and maintain a record of all outstanding monies owed. Produce a current working debtor report and send reminders to customers with overdue balances and, where necessary follow up in accordance with policy. Deal with any debtor queries.. Arrange for write-offs where all collection avenues have been exhausted. Complete a monthly financial health indicator report.
- Undertake cash collections from localised facilities at Force Police Stations as necessary, and subsequent banking of monies thereafter. In some instances this will liaison with external cash collection service.
- Receipt and record all income received, including cash, cheques and electronic fund transfers. Maintain records of transactions to assist with the Force bank account reconciliation. Respond to queries regarding income and related activities. Liaising with the Force banking provider as and when necessary.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to customer service
- Demonstrable good administrative skills together with evidence of a previous record of high standards of accuracy in a financial environment
- Ability to organise own time and to plan and carry out activities in an orderly and structure way; ensure deadlines are met. Must be able to evidence an ability to prioritise and organise own/team workloads
- Ability to deal with incoming correspondence, incoming payments by cheque, bank transfer, card or cash and to analyse information. Maintain accurate daily records.
- Confident to interact verbally, by email or by letter with members of the Force, external customers, banks, G4S and local government. This can include the need to challenge requests as necessary
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- NPPV2 Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.