- Pay Rate:
£16.09 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Wembley, London,
Temporary Finance & Monitoring Officer – Adult Social Care
Reference no: Brent 5225384
Pay Rate: £16.09 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
The purpose of the role is to assist in the day to day operation of the Direct Payment Service in Brent and offer practical assistance to service users and families, who may be considering Direct Payment or using a direct payment to meet their Care needs.
- Promote use of direct payments as a method of meeting service user care needs and enable people to use direct payments to organise and manage their own support packages.
- Explain direct payments clearly and provide appropriate and accessible information and ensure that people are able to make informed choices about direct payments, and reassure them that direct payments is a viable way to meet care needs.
- Advice and support service user in the administering their direct payment and enforce clear audit process for monitoring accounts
- Be responsible for obtaining collating and monitoring direct payments accounts and preparing reports for monitoring meetings.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different professionals both within the Council and the wider community, whilst managing general direct payment.
- Support the delivery of direct payments service by creating and supporting the used of both prepaid card accounts and online systems to manage direct payment funds.
- Foster good working relationships with payroll and any other organisations that will support in the delivery of the direct payments and use computer systems available at the Council to complete these tasks.
- Deliver the service in accordance with current legislation and provide service users with clear and concise information in a format they can understand.
- Maintain accurate records of all communication with clients and produce detailed reports and statistical information for your line manager as required.
- Support and manage queries from service users and social workers regarding new and existing Direct Payments accounts.
- Deliver appropriate support to both managed and non-managed account direct payment users.
- Make a valuable contribution to the effectiveness and continued improvement and success of the service by regularly contributing ideas, suggestions and feedback to the Team Leader and at appropriate meetings or workshops.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum GCSE level English and Maths or equivalent through relevant experience/training.
- NVQ in Advice and Guidance level 2 or relative qualification to post.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Direct Payment and community care services or equivalent level of experience.
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people in a social care context.
- Previous experience of face to face interactions with customer.
- Previous experience of providing advice and information.
- Experience of report writing and representation at meetings.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a good rapport with team.
- Ability to manage diary and workload effectively.
- An understanding of financial management.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance & Monitoring Officer – Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.