- Pay Rate:
£48,069.00 per annum
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This is a permanent role
- LEEDS, West Yorkshire,
Permanent Finance Business Partner x2 – Finance
Reference no: WYCA TCL 0008 5803 / 1
Pay rate: £48,069.00 per annum
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This is a permanent role
City: LEEDS, West Yorkshire
The purpose of this role is to provide financial information, tools, analysis and insight to colleagues from across the organisation, challenging their thinking, helping them make more informed decisions and driving organisational strategy. Lead on providing financial advice to Directorate(s), including the allocation of resource and how short to medium term objectives can be aligned and affordable within available resources and lead on the financial evaluation of options for implementing Directorate(s) plans to best achieve desired outcomes. To lead the monthly management accounts, annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for relevant Directorates, ensuring clear links are made to the business planning process, resources are focussed on driving performance and ensuring synergy with other Directorates. Lead on monitoring and providing insight and advice on the financial performance of a complex portfolio of funding programmes.
- Provide analysis and insight to Directorates that reflect business performance.
- Evidence and present sound interpretations of the financial implications of achieving organisational and Directorate outcomes.
- Explore future financial opportunities for Directorates through scenario planning and business cases.
- Build strong partnerships with Directorates that support financial accountability and clear control over the financial levers of organisational performance.
- Provide financial advice to Directorates, including the allocation of resource and how short to medium term objectives can be aligned and affordable within available resources.
- Financial evaluation of options for implementing Directorates plans to best achieve desired outcomes.
- Lead the monthly management accounts, annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for relevant Directorates, ensuring clear links are made to the business planning process, resources are focussed on driving performance and ensuring synergy with other Directorates.
- Monitor and provide insight and advice on the financial performance of a complex portfolio of funding programmes.
- Provide expertise and advice to Directorates on financial matters to drive performance.
- Support and advise the Directorate(s) on financial and budgetary matters, ensuring that financial reports are provided in line with Corporate timescales.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A degree in a relevant field or significant demonstrable practical experience.
- CIMA / CCAB qualified (CIPFA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI).
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Experience of making compelling business cases/reports to a range of audiences.
- Extensive experience of managing complex financial processes with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of finding commercially driven solutions to services.
- Extensive experience of analysing financial information and maintaining systems of internal financial control.
- Strong understanding and extensive experience of financial controls.
- Experience of working in a multi-functional finance team.
- Demonstrable experience of matrix management and supervising staff on day to day tasks/projects.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to influence, negotiate and challenge.
- Ability to demonstrate deep understanding and expertise of financial procedures within a Local Authority environment.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Business Partner x2 – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.