- Pay Rate:
Up to £444.00 per day PAYE (tbc) depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- ASHTON UNDER LYNE,
Interim Finance Business Partner/ Head of Finance
Reference no: Tameside 0007 CC67 / 1
Pay rate: Up to £444.00 per day PAYE (tbc) depending on experience
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
City: ASHTON UNDER LYNE
Standard DBS required for this role
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate once received
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
The purpose of this role is to be a key member of the Directorate Leadership Team and to lead and develop a professional team in order to provide consistently high quality financial support and advice to ensure that the key outcomes of an efficient, effective and economic service are delivered.
- Be a key member of the Directorate Leadership Team, helping them to develop and implement strategy and to resource and deliver the organisation’s objectives sustainably and in the public interest.
- Be actively involved in and able to bring influence to bear on, all material business decisions to ensure immediate and longer term implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered and aligned with the organisation’s financial strategy.
- Lead on the promotion and delivery of good financial management so that public money is safeguarded at all times and used appropriately, economically, efficiently and effectively.
- Deliver and develop a finance function that is resilient, fit for purpose and continuously improving whilst aspiring to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism.
- Lead and develop a small professional team and budget holders within the service area, establishing a plan with the objective of continuously improving financial management. This will include developing a performance management framework so that the quality of service provision by the team and the financial competency of budget holders can be measured.
- Be personally responsible for taking all necessary steps to understand fully the strategic business needs of the service or area allocated to you and a general awareness of the whole of the Council business, in order to provide expert assistance to senior management in achieving value for money and business or service improvement.
- Coordinate the Revenue Budget, the Capital Budget, the Medium Term Financial Strategy, annual closure of accounts, and grant claim processes in accordance with the corporate procedure as advised by the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Prepare timely and appropriate financial management information as required by the Assistant Director of Finance, the s151 officer, Executive Directors and Members of the Council.
- Support the development of strategy, plans, policies, practices and procedures by being actively involved in the decision making steps of the Council. This includes taking the necessary action to become involved in partnership arrangements and actively representing the Council on external bodies.
- Work flexibly when required including an element of unsocial hours.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- CCAB or Equivalent and evidence of continuous professional development.
- Further management qualifications (e.g. MBA) or training (e.g. PRINCE 2) desirable.
- Management experience working at a senior level in a financial environment.
- Extended experience of budget preparation and control, and closure of accounts in a large organisation.
- Experience of working successfully and effectively as part of a team and of formulating strategies, policies, objectives, and targets that deliver value for money and/or service improvement.
- Experience of using performance management techniques to lead and motivate staff, and of developing a culture that has achieved a high level of performance and continuous service improvement.
- Recent experience of working at a senior level in local government, or other large public or private organisation, particularly in an area relevant to the job role desirable.
- Experience of Agresso financial management software desirable.
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of Local Government Finance law, best practice and related issues.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant accounting practices.
- Knowledge of specific developments and national policy relating to the service area desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to provide sound strategic financial advice and guidance to senior officers and Members of a large and complex political organisation.
- Ability to present complex financial information in a format easily understood by non-finance personnel.
- High level of organisational and analytical skills.
- Effective management and motivational skills.
- Ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative data and link to strategic decision making and planning.
- Ability to critically review and analyse business models, processes, practices and systems and to champion change to improve service quality and/or value for money.
- Ability to influence and negotiate successfully with a wide range of stakeholders and to secure positive outcomes.
- Ability to foster partnerships, work collaboratively across organisational boundaries and achieve performance and results through and with others.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Business Partner/ Head of Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.