- Pay Rate:
Up to £47,219 per annum depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Chelmsford, Essex,
Interim Senior Finance Business Partner
Reference no: Essex 10333
Pay Rate: Up to £47,219 per annum depending on experience
This role is responsible for delivering high quality financial advice within a service area, proactive in providing comprehensive support and innovative advice to all levels of management and Members across the finance elements, including budget setting, budget planning and project support.
- Responsible for supporting the business by understanding all the financial assets, liabilities and priorities for a business operation (revenue, capital, funding streams & debt) & present options to senior managers to drive change and improve efficiency to meet strategic objectives.
- Responsible for partnering and supporting Service Directors and stakeholders to carry out financial performance management, pricing and investment analysis. In addition, support the business planning process by advising senior managers and supporting the maximisation of external funding to the Council.
- Accountable for supporting business development by using insightful predictive analytics, optimising financial modelling and commercial acumen.
- Support cross organisational projects and ensure the best commercial & value considerations to drive transparent and robust decision making. This support will involve detailed analysis and interpretation in communicating financial and performance data to support evidence-based decisions.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Finance Business Partners and Management Accountants in the development and review of financial policy and plans ensuring they reflect the Council’s strategic objectives and promote continuous improvement.
- Responsible for promoting delivery of value for money services, as evidenced by benchmarked cost driver comparators to analyse financial trends and drive efficiencies. Develop networks with best in class peers.
- Support timely preparation of robust business cases & decision making documents by quantifying associated costs, benefits, risks and funding solutions, being solely accountable for the financial implications.
- Responsible for compliance with financial regulations and professional accounting standards and financial impact assessments relating to changes in legislation or service initiatives.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with evidence of continuing professional development.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks - preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Excellent communication skills to influence a wide range of stakeholders and aware of the political environment in which this role operates.
- Evidence of identifying improvements in financial systems and processes with a strong delivery and performance focus.
- Experience of supporting the evaluation of innovative and effective means of financing the delivery of services.
- Evidence of providing financial advice to inform decision making.
- Demonstrate experience of establishing credibility and contributing effectively with management teams and wider multi-disciplinary networks.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards Demonstrate experience of working with senior managers, working.
- Demonstrate experience of working with senior managers, working within and supporting multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Business Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.