- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- DORCHESTER, Dorset,
Temporary Finance Assistant x2 – Financial Services
Reference no: Dorset 5234786
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: DORCHESTER, Dorset
Office based role
A Finance Assistant is required to provide high quality, technical and financial support services to the Council and ensure that consistent, accurate and timely financial management information and advice is available for managers and other stakeholders. Will be required to chase debt with customers therefore good experience of this will be an advantage as well as good customer service experience. Responsible for accurate financial transaction processing, proper maintenance of financial records and for supporting managers with specific financial services
- Chase debt with customers.
- Assist with budget preparation, forecasting and closing of accounts under the direction of the Accountant or Finance Manager.
- Help with technical, financial assignments as directed, accurately and in accordance with set deadlines and standards.
- Lead operational payment processing work, including maintenance of supplier master data, checking and paying invoices, supplier statement reconciliation, and compilation of performance management statistics.
- Lead operational income work, including maintenance of customer master records, raising invoices, receiving payments, dealing with debt management and compilation of performance management statistics.
- Management of reconciliation processes and reporting of compliance against corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in aspects of financial management as directed, including interrogation of the corporate finance systems, financial reporting, testing of systems, preparation of management/financial reports, reconciliations etc.
- Provide assistance and information to directorate staff, cost centre managers and budget holders including responding to queries and interpretation of information.
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and the development and effective performance of the team through evaluation and review of current practice.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths or equivalent BTEC Diploma etc.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in relevant qualification.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Evidence of learning in a financial environment.
- Experience of chasing debt with customers.
- Evidence of working co-operatively within teams and with other colleagues.
- Experience of using IT to make efficiencies.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of positive working with customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting best practice.
- Awareness of the UK tax system as is relevant to the specific post is desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good level of customer service skills.
- Able to work positively with customers and managers.
- Ability to present facts clearly and openly.
- Able to meet deadlines and performance targets.
- Ability to communicate financial information confidently with customers, colleagues and managers.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Assistant x2 – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.