- Pay Rate:
£11.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- Abingdon, Oxfordshire,
Temporary Finance Assistant/Administrator
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5228645
Pay Rate: £11.04 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 7 months
The role will become agile when successful candidate has found their feet - possible within 4 to 6 weeks.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the timely and accurate payment of invoices submitted by transport operators, while also assisting the team with other routine financial activities such as raising purchase orders, answering operator queries and banking.
- Ensure that all Home to School and Social Care invoices are processed for payment each month.
- Ensure all Home to School and Social Care recharges are dealt with each month.
- Maintain a monthly record of invoices processed for payment and invoice payments outstanding.
- Raising Purchase Orders (PO) for Concessionary Fares, Others (Operators, Consultants, Room Hire for Training etc).
- Auditing Shepherd or errors that the new system triggers (i.e., where route completed out does not match route expected).
- Answering provider queries, assisting other teams with finance related concerns, KPIs, etc.
- Postal Income Banking and Reconciliation.
- Any other duties as required by the Transport Finance Team Manager.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good general education with GCSE grade 4 and above or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Qualification in Finance or at least one years experience of working in a Finance related environment desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Able to demonstrate an eye to detail in spotting errors and discrepancies between data sets
- Strong interpersonal skills - is approachable, ready to consult and share information and communicates with sensitivity and understanding.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to manage in difficult situations eg: with reducing budgets and within tight timelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the write letters, emails, reports, and procedures using plain English.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.