- Pay Rate:
£313.64 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- WEMBLEY, LONDON,
Interim Finance Analyst - Finance
Reference no: Brent 5245057
Pay Rate: £313.64 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: WEMBLEY, LONDON
Flexible working - will be required to be in the office 2 days a week
This role is supporting the financial appraisal modelling for the New Council Homes Programme as well as Temporary accommodation workstream. The role of Finance Analyst will be responsible for financial support to departments and schools including such areas as the annual budget, monthly monitoring, statutory reporting, Tax and VAT, Exchequer, Controls and supporting over all council functions. Deputise for the Senior Finance Analyst.
Support officers, providing them with high level professional advice on a broad range of financial issues, including the administration of banking and pre-paid card systems. Play a significant role in the council’s capital expenditure and income monitoring and control process and in preparing the council’s statutory annual accounts. Responsible for a wide range of Oracle System and business operational reconciliations.
- Undertake the preparation of budgets, to assist service areas with budget projections and provide critical challenge on a monthly basis, or as required
- Ensure a system of adequate internal controls exists in respect of financial matters
- Ensure that accurate financial returns, to both internal and external bodies including CIPFA, are made on a timely basis
- Advise on the financial viability of new or existing projects and policy proposals
- Liason with both Internal and External Auditors
- Provide advice to service managers on financial matters, including interpretation and compliance with financial regulations
- Support month end and year end processes, preparing performance and other reports
- Keep the Council’s asset register up to date.
- Support schools and their bursars in their roles and their financial development needs
- Support the development and maintenance of a full range of buy-back services for schools through effective SLA arrangements in a customer focused way.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- AAT qualified, part qualified CCAB or CII + ongoing study OR equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials reporting Business Objects and ADI
- Knowledge of accounting principals, policies and practices
- Knowledge of financial accounting and control
- Knowledge of local government funding arrangements
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory reporting requirements in banking
- Knowledge of capital accounting and regulation funding
- A working knowledge of project management methodology
- Knowledge of banking rules and regulations
- Sound understanding of income tax issues
- Experience in investigating changes to accounting rules and areas of potential breach, proposing and implementing viable solutions.
- Experience in producing briefings and reports on specific issues for senior managers. Using information to support arguments and recommendations and able to present complex information verbally as well as in written form. Can produce presentations on specific issues and deliver them to managers and other finance staff
- Experience in identifying major issues and propsing solutions
- Experience with working with managers to identify potential corrective action in response to significant variances, and to develop appropriate action plans.
- Experience of providing advice and support to council service departments whilst at the same time monitoring financial activities and standing on behalf of the Operational Director of Finance.
- Experience of using banking systems
- Experience in local government across both the Housing General Fund and HRA
- Experience in capital year-end
- Analysing information to identify trends and sound inferences from the information. Investigates issues that arise. Able to investigate more open ended problems
- Using complex financial and non-financial information to project future outcomes and appraise options
- Championing financial control issues, identified potential problems and proposed solutions
- Using Oracle Financial Systems
- Project management
- Extracting data from systems, manipulating and producinginformation in a variety of formats
- Giving presentations and training to a wide audience
- Completing and submitting government returns
- Preparation of accounting statements
- Income Tax issues / P11D / CIS / VAT / TMA.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Ability to apply complex technical rules where required, is aware of changes and can explain the impact of them
- Ability to identify potential budget issues and bring them to the attention of the relevant budget manager or finance manager. Takes responsibility for larger areas of budget development. Undertakes analysis on behalf of budget managers or finance managers
- Ability to analyse monitoring information and identify variances and trends, identifying impact those trends will have, producing forecasts and projections
- Ability to support budget managers and investigate more complicated issues
- Ability to make recommendations for decisions by senior officers.
- Able to take decisions on open ended issues with guidance from line manager and be able to clearly explain reasoning behind decisions taken
- Ability to train other users and communicate best practice advice
- Ability to use financial systems to draw out relevant financial information
- Ability to use a variety of graphs and tables to present data within reports
- Ability to produce clear written documents explaining technical and finance issues following basic report writing principles
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Analyst - Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.