- Pay Rate:
£12.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
- Hengoed, Wales,
Temporary Finance Administration Officer
Reference no: Caerphilly 5224058
Pay Rate: £12.70 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to provide administration and training support for cashless catering service across the borough. This will include financial business and performance planning, provision of management information, working with various IT systems; ensuring financial controls are in place and adhered to, undertaking benchmarking and communications for the organisation.
- Rollout the cashless catering programme across the borough within a set timeframe.
- Develop appropriate financial controls and advise on systems and procedures, that will ensure the organisation is run within the financial regulations that are set by the Council.
- Collate monitor and evaluate performance information on the cashless catering and produce regular reports as required.
- Liaise with officers and schools in relation to their individual cashless catering requirements.
- Set up a detailed implementation programme of cashless catering systems across all sites.
- Compilation and preparation of management information reports.
- Understand and adhere to the professional standards which the section is governed by and highlight and report any practises which contravene these standards.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and carrying out of effective and efficient checks of the Catering’s activities including systems audits and regularity checks.
- Responsible for reconciliation of accounts.
- Liaise with Sundry Debtors department to ensure all invoices are paid and income received.
- Provide support to operational managers and to be responsible for timely management information in respect of labour, food, materials and overhead costs.
- Specify and implement suitable support systems, utilising information technology as appropriate, particularly with regard to the provision of management information and cash collection.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*-C including Mathematics and English Language or equivalent Level 2 qualifications on the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales which require the same level of ability in Mathematics and English Language.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Previous experience of working in a finance or financial administrative environment.
- Experience of dealing with staff at all levels.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Able to plan and organise own workload and manage multiple tasks and prioritise within deadlines.
- Able to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels both written and verbal.
- Understanding of data protection and information governance principles.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Administration Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.