- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Matlock, Derbyshire,
Temporary Finance Assistant x 2 – Financial Services
Reference no: Derbyshire 5224258
Pay Rate: £11.39 per hour PAYE
Candidates MUST be available to attend the Office DE4 3AG for training and support - may be able to WFH.
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however, the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The purpose of the role is to assist in the provision of high quality and effective financial services within the Client Financial Services section.
- Gather and process financial information to enable accurate assessments.
- Manipulate, reconcile and monitor financial accounts through detailed data analysis.
- Contribute to the maintenance of efficient records by reviewing and amending as required, including the use of bespoke information systems.
- Actively progress outstanding payments and debt to meet prescribed targets.
- Provide information and support to those within the service area, responding to queries promptly, resolving issues and complaints for a range of internal and external stakeholders, escalating where necessary.
- Contribute to the success of the team, planning and organising workload to meet deadlines.
- Ensure the service’s financial provision is carried out in accordance with statutory guidance and financial regulations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to Level 2, including NVQ and GCSE or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operating environment
- Awareness of confidentiality and data protection
- Experience of working in a transactional and query management finance setting, within administrative processes and procedures
- Working with computerised financial systems, including Microsoft packages.
- Working in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Experience producing accurate financial Information
Skills & Abilities:
- Good financial and accounting.
- knowledge, awareness of financial legislation and regulatory aspects of the service area.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and accuracy skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills to include verbal, written and listening skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use initiative to resolve outstanding issues.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Admin Assistant x 2 – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.