- Pay Rate:
£17.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ENFIELD, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Family Liaison Officer – Gypsy Travellers
Reference no: Enfield RQ791501
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Over the last 18 months the Council and partners have exhausted all avenues to develop a programme for vaccination. The pandemic has being a main factor in drawing out this community for vaccinations not excluding negative narrative on social media that has unfortunately spread amongst the community at large.
This needs to be counteracted at grass roots level in addition to continuously promoting the national campaign.
Unfortunately, the national campaign is nearly 3 steps ahead as the council are still at the initial stage of encouraging participation in first vaccination, so there is a lot of work to do and it needs resource to see that improvement.
2 family Liaison officers are required who will work directly for the Council, Edmonton Community partnership and 95 schools currently in Enfield as a direct route in to reach these families.
A bespoke programme of delivery is required to implement the campaign for this community, it also needs to be culturally sensitive with experienced officers whom have worked with GRT communities previously; as in time in time the council will be developing skills within the community to advocate for their families on health inclusion. There are some GRT community members that have expressed an interest in this already so with this funding the council can get the ball rolling immediately.
Successful applicants will be working with other partnership agencies including Dr’s of the World as they alone cannot achieve health inclusion across these demographics.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Skills & Experience required:
- Previous experience of dealing with the Gypsy Roma Traveller community
- Lived Experience of Community development
- Lived Experience of Co-ordinating events
- Lived Experience of Building capacity of community members
- Lived experience of empowering GRT members to become health champions for this subject matter and other health initiatives identified in Enfield’s first Gypsy Roma Health and Wellbeing action plan for Enfield.
- Experience of working in school environment -Empowering schools to have greater capability to support families in a school environment; which includes health, pastoral and academic support
- Knowledge of health services - desirable
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Access to a vehicle is essential.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Family Liaison Officer – Gypsy Travellers
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.