- Pay Rate:
Up to £21.64 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Hounslow, London,
Interim Facilities & Resources Manager
Reference no: Hounslow 3820-1
Pay Rate: Up to £21.64 per hour PAYE depending on experience
36 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Hounslow, London
Hybrid working - 2-3 days a week in the office
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage key support services across the Adult and Community Education Service, including property, teaching and learning accommodation, digital and other resources; facilities management; health and safety; compliance - with a focus on continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Deliver ongoing incremental improvements in the delivery of the service’s facilities and resources, to maximise the asset value and minimise the delivery costs of the service.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the service’s main delivery premises, ensuring they are fit for purpose in all aspects of a high standard of service delivery.
- Develop and update annually the service’s accommodation strategy.
- Liaise with schools, libraries, community groups, LBH property services and corporate facilities management as required. Lead on the development of new venues/facilities for service delivery, and ensure premises are accessible.
- Ensure resources and facilities provide good value for money. Work closely with those responsible for and involved in budget monitoring to ensure accurate projections for spending.
- Act as point of contact for all venue, facility and resources emergencies during and out of normal working hours.
- Responsible for leading on health and safety for the service, including the development, updating, implementation and maintenance of the service health and safety policy.
- Responsible for ensuring all risk assessments are carried out regularly and accurately, actions are followed up promptly and that all service users, staff and visitors to sites are safe and secure. Actively monitor health and safety reporting, liaising with the corporate health and safety manager. Provide additional capacity for the section’s safeguarding as a member of the internal Designated Safeguarding Officers.
- Be responsible for the acquisition and disposal of resources, in accordance with the council’s financial regulations. Ensure that all resources are deployed in an effective and efficient way to meet the needs of service users and staff across the section, in the community and other relevant centres. Maintain inventory of all equipment and resources.
- Responsible for the oversight of ICT resources, ensuring the needs of the service are met. Work with the service manager to provide strategic advice and direction on the development of learner ICT infrastructure and related policies.
- Liaise with corporate ICT and the service’s own ICT Officer to plan, maintain and support digital resources in centres for staff, visitors and learners so they can be used securely and according to the council and service’s policies.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full UK driving licence
- Educated to a minimum of A level/degree level standard or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework that underpins the operational infrastructure, e.g Health & Safety and equalities legislation.
- Experience of developing service policies, procedures and risk assessments to lead on the implementation of this legislation.
- Demonstrable experience of facilities management, including leading on, and managing new build and refurbishment projects, accommodation review and strategy, the management of resources and equipment and annual inventory/stock taking.
- High level skills in ICT and communication, with excellent written, spoken and interpersonal skills at a management level. Ability to assimilate and interpret complex information, presenting findings and make recommendations clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and coordinate works, involving a range of associated contractors and professionals, and delivered to agreed budget and timescales.
- Excellent leadership and teamworking skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to continuously improve and achieve consistently high standards
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Facilities & Resources Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.