- Pay Rate:
£17.53 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, between 7am and 6pm and Saturday on call on a rota basis approx. every 4 weeks
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- BOLTON, Lancashire,
Temporary Facilities Development Manager - Children’s Services
Reference no: Bolton 0008 1E4F / 1
Pay rate: £17.53 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, between 7am and 6pm and Saturday on call on a rota basis approx. every 4 weeks
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: BOLTON, Lancashire
Office based role
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support
A Facilities Development Manager is required to be responsible for the facilities management function of Start Well Centres and other multi-site centres as required, including ensuring that the buildings and grounds are safe, secure and clean for staff and visitors. To work both strategically and operationally to ensure the efficient maintenance and upkeep of the Start Well buildings and grounds, delivering a safe, attractive and vibrant environment for children, families and professionals. Coordinate the Start Well Premises Management Plan and to direct and oversee relevant projects to ensure the best possible environment for children, families and professionals. Hours of work will be between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday and on Saturdays on call on a rota basis approx. every 4 weeks
- Manage staff on a day-to-day basis having responsibility for overseeing health and safety compliance and to undertake risk assessments as required, ensuring policies and guidelines are in place to support delivery of a safe service.
- Manage premises related budgets to ensure that the service derives maximum benefit from its budget and generates income in partnership with the relevant service managers.
- Scope facilities improvement projects, business cases, financial modelling, project planning and controls, milestones to be achieved.
- Support the management, monitoring and safe implementation of specific capital programmes and programmed maintenance schemes of work, liaising with Corporate Property Services, contractors and outside agencies.
- Manage maintenance works at the Start Well buildings as and when required. Acting as a point of contact, giving clear direction to contractors and site staff, certify that works have been carried out satisfactorily and that it meets statutory requirements.
- Maximise the use of the accommodation both by the service and outside agencies, ensuring in liaison with Estates and Legal Services signed licences and leases are in place for tenants and that these are reviewed regularly to ensure compliance and no unauthorised encroachment.
- Attend the service meetings and provide detailed costings and prioritisation lists to enable the service to plan for future development improvements, both within the Premises Management Plan and within budget constraints.
- Act as a primary key holder and co-tag manager, ensuring buildings are opened and secured to meeting service need and providing cover arrangements in the absence of Centre Assistants across the Start Well estate.
- Manage emergencies and respond appropriately to urgent issues as they arise including investigating instances of vandalism and arrange appropriate remedial action.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines and standard operating procedures are compliant with current legislation e.g., statutory and regulatory; COSHH; Hygiene Code; Asbestos; Legionella; Infection Control; Environmental Protection and Waste and that appropriate Health and Safety training is in place for all staff.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Facilities Management or School Business Management Qualification desirable.
- First Aid at Work (or willingness to undertake training).
- Experience of managing site and facilities within an educational, local authority or health establishment.
- Experience of management of site and facilities at both operational and strategic level.
- Management of health and safety experience.
- Proven experience of successfully managing projects.
- Successful line management experience, including performance management.
- Detailed knowledge of statutory regulations and best practice guidelines for site and facilities management.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, assessment and compliance e.g. statutory and regulatory; COSHH; Hygiene Code; Asbestos; Legionella; Infection Control; Environmental Protection and Waste.
- Knowledge of Energy Efficiency best practice.
- Knowledge of income generation mechanisms through building leasing arrangements and event room hire.
- Knowledge of financial monitoring procedures and systems and experience in making financial projections.
Skills & Abilities:
- Event management skills including room bookings and facilities management arrangements.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to lead, coordinate and deliver a number of projects from inception to completion.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team of professional officers and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage own and others time effectively, have good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload working with conflicting demands and to tight deadlines.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Facilities Development Manager - Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.