- Pay Rate:
£11.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- CARDIFF, South Glamorgan,
Full Job Title: Temporary Exercise Referral Professional – Public Health
Job Reference: Cardiff RQ735958
Pay Rate: £11.47 per hour PAYE
Standard DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
Working closely with the Exercise Referral Co-ordinator you will be required to, in your role of Exercise Referral Facilitator, educate encourage, support and signpost service users to the most appropriate form of physical activity.
You will review personal activity programmes, give initial consultations, fitness inductions, perform progress reviews and carry out pre/post assessments with customers who have been referred from their doctor. The GP referral scheme is about helping people who are most at risk to enjoy a more active lifestyle.
- To provide consultations for clients and collect data to monitor progress.
- To deliver a range of high quality physical activity opportunities that are progressive and reflective of the needs of special populations in the local community.
- To implement strict data and management protocols, including confidentiality,
- To assist in evaluation and collection of data.
- To sign post clients to appropriate exist routes
- To support all other scheme staff and ensure that they are aware of their role in the scheme and update training as necessary
- To attend and assist the Coordinator at the project management meetings.
- To ensure effective communication is maintained with referral professionals.
- To ensure the development and dissemination of good practice in the delivery of exercise by researching evidence regarding exercise and certain medical conditions.
- To provide cover for other exercise referral professionals where necessary
- Under the direction of the Coordinator, oversee the day to day administration tasks of the scheme, including:
- Telephone communications;
- Distribution of appropriate mail;
- Booking appointments;
- Monitoring scheme attendances and client programmes.
- Ensuring client follow-up procedures are implemented
- To collate information regarding the scheme and disseminate them to the co-ordinator.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recognised level 3 GP Referral Qualification
- Member of the Register of Exercise professionals
- First Aid qualification
- Experience of working on a GP Exercise Referral Scheme
- Have experience within a Health and Fitness environment including the initiation and delivery of Health and Fitness services to the public
- Experience in providing fitness instruction and designing programmes for clients
- Coordination, development and planning of leisure activities within a wide range of environments including community/educational settings
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Confidence and competence in delivering exercise programmes/classes for special populations.
- To be committed to customer care and to providing an efficient and effective quality service.
- Possess good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with ability to talk to customers face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Work under pressure and have good organisational skills to manage workload effectively.
- Possess ability to make decisions and diffuse difficult situations.
- Be able to work with own initiative and work in a team environment by developing effective and constructive working relationships to colleagues
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Able to travel independently
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Exercise Referral Professional – Public Health
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.