- Pay Rate:
£15.74 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Westminster, London,
Temporary Events Officer – Marketing
Reference no: Westminster RQ835040
Pay Rate: £15.74 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to support the Marketing team in planning and co-ordinating the event management of the organisation's annual Learner Awards ceremony, termly open day events and VIP events, including registration, communications and attendance.
- Support the management and co-ordination of weekly events throughout the service, from internal admissions events, to market stalls, employer engagement, official visits to our centres and wider attendance at promotional events.
- Liaise with venues, third parties and internal WAES staff to ensure logistical arrangements of events.
- Ensure a wide reach for our events and positive attendance through proactive and planned communication using the most appropriate platform.
- Further develop our digital communications platforms for both staff and learner engagement, using the relevant technologies to support attendance at events.
- Assist with learner and staff comms, including production of content, design of emails and promotional materials and list preparation.
- Track and analyse data related to email communications and improve engagement numbers.
- Support the wider marketing team with other online marketing avenues, including external suppliers and online advertising opportunities.
- Support the Marketing Team to manage the organisation's digital social media and business channels with frequent, relevant and engaging updates, maximise use for learner recruitment campaign and stakeholder engagement.
- Work as part of the wider Marketing team to produce and design leaflets, brochures and other promotional materials related to the Service, liaising with colleagues as well as designers and print suppliers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSEs in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in events, marketing, business or related subject.
- Events or marketing qualification.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in events support and/or management.
- Setting up social media profiles, including tracking.
- Setting up and managing video channels.
- Managing websites and analytics.
- Tracking and reporting on user journeys and funnels.
- Experience of organising or managing events.
- Experience of working with a range of customers or students.
- Managing email marketing channels, setting up AB testing and tracking response rates.
- Understanding of Safeguarding Legislation and its application within the educational sector and in relation to this post.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Events Officer – Marketing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.