- Pay Rate:
£12.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, 07:00 - 15:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Estates Operative - Estate Services
Reference no: OBT TCL PXS6Z
Pay Rate: £12.19 per hour PAYE
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
As part of the Estate Services team to provide a high quality and environmental service to communal areas on estates within a specified area. This may include cleaning, litter picking, bin stores and the reporting of issues and improvements, safety and security of our customers, visitors and properties
- To be responsible for providing a high standard cleaning service to communal areas in blocks including lifts, stairwells, floors, walls and windows. To maintain clear, tidy and safe refuse areas such as bin stores, chute rooms and hoppers, following specific cleaning specifications and standards.
- To be responsible for providing a litter picking service, which may include noxious substances and drug paraphernalia to ensure estates are maintained to a safe standard.
- To be accountable for ensuring personal protective equipment and machinery is used & maintained in a safe manner, and reporting any faults or defects, near misses, incidents or accidents to Line Manager.
- To be accountable for ensuring that stocks of hazardous and inflammable liquids are stored appropriately and conforms to COSHH and fire regulations. Also in all activities to ensure the association’s Health & Safety policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist the Estates Team Manager, in the monitoring, reporting and re-ordering of cleaning materials and cleaning/gardening equipment.
- To be responsible for the company vehicle, ensuring it is kept clean and in roadworthy condition, carrying out visual inspections and checks and arranging servicing/repairs as necessary once authorisation has been granted by Estates team Manager.
- To be responsible for reporting faults and repairs, situations concerning anti-social activity, and bulk rubbish as seen on the estates to the CSC
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via jo[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Must possess an NVQ qualification, or equivalent, in either cleaning or Environmental Services, or be willing to undertake and qualify for such within probationary period.
- Must hold a current full UK driving licence and the willingness to drive the association’s vehicles including vans and tipper transits.
- Experience of working in a similar or related environment or post.
Skills & Abilities:
- Use interpersonal skills to work co-operatively with colleagues, internal and external partners
- Must have the capability to operate machinery and equipment such as petrol blowers, floor cleaning apparatus.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work internally and externally during all seasons.
- Must be able to fulfil the physical requirements of a manual post.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Estates Operative - Estate Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.