- Pay Rate:
£10.78 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire,
Temporary Estates Cleaner – Housing
Reference no: Nuneaton 5238615
Pay Rate: £10.78 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2 months
City: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
The purpose of the role is to undertake, individually or as part of a team the cleaning, washing, sweeping, polishing and dusting of any designated area internal or external of the Council’s estates.
- Actively promote good will with residents.
- Prepare void properties prior to letting to an agreed standard.
- Be aware of the appropriate use and safe storage of cleaning chemicals.
- The collection and disposal of rubbish/flytipping.
- Ensure that Housing areas are kept tidy and free from litter, including car parking areas, footpaths, dustbin areas, laundry and all internal communal areas.
- Report where observed any defects to the appropriate section of the Council
- Identify and report unauthorised parking and abandoned vehicles.
- Remove graffiti when necessary.
- Ensure complaints or comments from tenants and or/ interested parties are reported promptly to the relevant Officer.
- Ensure wherever possible that the equipment owned by the Authority is not misused, and stored appropriately and securely, and is kept clean and in good condition.
- Act in accordance with the Council’s published driving policy.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to GCSE level with a minimum of 4 passes at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- NVQ in Cleaning and Support Services desirable.
- Full driving licence.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Previous experience in a non-domestic environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer liaison skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of powered cleaning tools and cleaning materials.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Physically fit.
- Access to personal motorised transport.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Estates Cleaner – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.