- Pay Rate:
£26.33 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.5 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11-12 months
Interim Estate Strategy Technical Project Manager – Construction
Reference no: Merseyside TCL 360777
Pay Rate £26.33 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36.5 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 11-12 months
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
The purpose of the role is to be accountable for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control delivery and closure of multiple construction projects relating to the Estate Strategy. Ensuring a consistent approach is applied to all Estate Strategy projects, compliant with the Police and Crime Commissioners Estate Strategy Governance Protocols.
- Lead, manage and motivate a professional team of technical personnel to provide building construction and design services expertise, advice and input into the development of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s (PCC) estate. Identifying, evaluating and developing the projects wide- ranging objectives and detailed requirements and consider feasibility solutions moving towards a preferred and agreed solution.
- Project manage construction projects from inception to the authorisation of payment of the final account, including the design and development of schemes, feasibility studies, refurbishments and new build.
- Be responsible for the preparation of a design brief to include design drawings, technical specifications, tender / procurement documentation, management surveys and product selection to allow progression to the design development stage. Also giving cognizance to incorporating sustainable and carbon management development matters and environmental impact issues.
- Manage the review of implied modifications against the intended design and consider and recommend alternatives, if required, estimate the cost schedule and impact schedule and ensure approval by appropriate stakeholders is acquired.
- Develop and maintain project documents to ensure clear measurement of project’s status, to include, stage cost plans, cost management on all project activities, contractual conditions of performance with the contractor, change control which captures any deviation to agreed product, quality control, risk management and mitigating actions, stakeholder management, phasing plans and stakeholder documentation.
- Ensure all aspects of the project delivery are fully compliant with the PCC Financial and Standing Orders and all Force Policies and the Estate Strategy Governance Protocols.
- Chair progress meetings and produce detailed reports and documents using various mediums on progress including, management reports, tracking against baseline programme, information release schedule and stage design documents for authorisation ensuring all stakeholders are appropriately kept aware of progress.
- Represent and act on behalf of other Estate Strategy Project Managers when required to provide resilience and ensure all project deadlines are achieved.
- Be accountable for all Health and Safety issues, to include risk assessment, pertaining to the postholder’s area of responsibility in order to fulfil the statutory obligations of the Health and Safety At Work Act 1974.
- Ensure that staff are trained and that all responsibilities relating to information management, data quality and information sharing, intelligence and information security.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full driving licence and suitable transport to travel to various locations throughout the Force.
- Educated to degree level or hold equivalent recognised Building and design qualification, minimum HNC or NVQ Level 4.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Extensive post qualification experience working at project management level within the construction environment and a proven track record for delivering major construction projects.
- Extensive knowledge of working in a built environment and evidence of delivering major construction projects from inception through to completion is a vital requirement.
- Previous project management experience with design and technical specification skills and development of designs into schemes, from inception through to completion.
- PM suitable experience and/or qualifications in building related projects, especially in the area of taking the lead PM role on New and Refurbishment of large buildings
- Ability to compile and interpret stakeholder requirements, challenge design solutions and user requirements to deliver an efficient building that meets operational requirements within strict financial constraints.
- Good level of IT skills including the ability to work to an intermediate level in Excel.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Estate Strategy Technical Project Manager – Construction
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.