- Pay Rate:
£19.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Estate Services Coordinator – Housing Services
Job Reference: Islington RQ726163
Pay Rate: £19.75 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To be the key link between housing services and the customer, having overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining estate agreements and service level agreements with the estate residents. This will include management of the Quality Control Officers, ensuring the provision of effective estate & contracted services on designated estates.
To implement and evaluate change, working creatively for solutions to caretaking and estate services issues.
To ensure that comprehensive estate services are delivered on a patch basis in accordance with policy.
- To ensure the provision of an effective and responsive estate based services, including Caretaking.
- To develop and maintain estate agreements and service level agreements between LBI and residents/customers
- Responsible for the management of caretakers, including work allocation, absence monitoring, supervision, performance and conduct and ensuring that corrective action is taken where appropriate.
- To assist with the development and implementation of new policies, procedures and written guidelines to aid the development of estate services staff.
- To ensure the monitoring of standards through regular and ad hoc estate inspections, in conjunction with managers, tenant representatives and Members, taking appropriate remedial action on problems encountered.
- To ensure that appropriate levels of staffing are maintained at all times.
- To encourage and motivate Caretakers to work effectively when working alone or as part of a team.
- To carry out training of staff and management of their performance to meet organisational aims and objectives, including implementation of the LBIs Appraisal and Development System (ADS), to include 1-2-1 supervision sessions and back to work interviews.
- To provide caretaker supervision on a rota basis at weekends, carrying out duties as required by managers.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Substantial recent housing services coordination experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Proven substantial experience in delivering services to the public.
- Proven managerial experience in a large multi cultural setting and delivering services to a multi-cultural community
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and issues affecting the provision of a caretaking and estate cleaning service, including an understanding of good customer care practice and Health & Safety.
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Proven Ability to supervise and manage a team of staff providing estate management and Caretaking services including conduct and discipline.
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal with the abily to organise responses to correspondence from tenants and leaseholders (and their representatives), members and other bodies, and to produce reports on estate management and performance related matters.
- Ability to ensure effective use of information technology, including word-processing, in order to input and extract information.
- Ability to manage resources to set and meet performance targets and provide adequate monitoring arrangements to achieve these.
- Ability to undertake the client-monitoring role for contracts affecting the service e.g. estate cleaning, grounds maintenance, ICSL etc.
- Ability to liaise effectively with Officers, Tenants and Residents Associations, Council and board Members, Area Housing Panels and outside organisations.
- Ability to appraise staff and oversee their development and training.
- Proven ability in taking responsive action in order to anticipate and solve problems, and to take corrective action where necessary.
- Ability to deliver a service within the context of tenant consultation.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Estate Services Coordinator – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.