- Pay Rate:
£21.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35- 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Equalities Specialist
Job Ref: Manchester 0008 05C1 / 1
Pay Rate: £21.05 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 6 months
Part-time hours and flexible working will be considered
The role holder will work in partnership with stakeholders across the organisation and beyond to support decision making and operational service delivery.
The role holder will research and be the source of intelligence within the specialist area, leading in the development, design, implementation and review of policies, procedures, or strategies to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively to provide comprehensive and timely information and advice to stakeholders which meets customer needs.
- Maintain competence in subject matter specialism, undertaking research and information gathering to ensure the Council adopts and maintains best practice in areas of specialism, providing ad hoc advice as required.
- Deliver and, where appropriate, lead the implementation of assigned strategy and policy projects, in accordance with agreed time, quality, budget and other project performance criteria.
- Oversee the collation of comprehensive management information and reports, ensuring these are produced accurately and consistently.
- Develop and manage relationships with other city council services and relevant partner agencies to challenge the way services are delivered and establish options for improving performance to ensure high quality of service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate highly complex and potentially challenging messages both verbally and in writing, ensuring balanced and proportionate responses which protect the authority’s interests.
- Providing expertise and guidance in relation to equalities and the implications of legislation and policy on Council decisions and actions.
- Promoting equality and diversity in Manchester through embedding this into Council-wide activity and service delivery and via wide-ranging initiatives including work with Corporate EDI Leadership Group, lead Elected Members for Equality and with external partnerships.
- Promoting equality and diversity in the workforce supporting the HROD Service on its policy development and advising on specific initiatives.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of EDI in relation to key protected groups e.g. Black communities.
- Good grasp of working in a large, complex organisation in an influencing and advisory capacity.
- Ability to negotiate difficult agreements with wide impact; ability to influence or persuade internal or external stakeholders. Speaks fluently, expresses opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly, makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence.
- Ability to identify and prioritise objectives that are consistent with the strategic vision of the organisation.
- Ability to assess long and short-term impacts of policy proposals and use evidence to test and challenge assumptions. Ability to anticipate and resolve potential delivery and implementation problems.
- Skills to analyse a wide range of data and other sources of information to break them down into component parts, patterns, and relationships; probes for further understanding of problems and makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis demonstrating an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system/issue.
- Ability to organise own time effectively, creating own work schedules, prioritising, preparing in advance and setting realistic timescales for own self and others. Has the ability to visualise a sequence of actions needed to achieve a specific goal and how to estimate the resources required.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.