- Pay Rate:
£18.76 hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Wembley, London,
Temporary Environmental Health Officer / Enforcement Officer
Job Ref: Brent 5242014
Pay Rate: £18.76 hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Wembley, London
The purpose of the role is to change community and individual behaviour through communication, persuasion, advice and guidance; or enforcement. Achieve compliance with statutory requirements through inspection, investigation, monitoring.
- Support the Council’s image, reputation, employee code of conduct and objectives.
- Maintain high standards of knowledge, competency and skills within your area of required expertise by participating in personal learning and development where necessary or required.
- Provide high quality, sound, timely and accurate professional advice, guidance and information about any work matter, to customers or colleagues, in a format that is understandable and appropriate.
- Scrutinise customer statutory applications, notifications, consultations, schemes, licences, registrations and make executive decisions using any powers that have been delegated to you.
- Scrutinise draft Council policies, reports, committee papers, procedures, protocols, risk assessments, service plans, action plans and proposals; and advise on their adequacy within your required field of professional expertise.
- Prepare, interpret and present literate, numerate, accurate, understandable and timely reports, documents, spreadsheets, data analysis and feedback. To properly handle evidence, records and data to ensure that confidentiality, evidence integrity, data protection and freedom of information requirements are observed.
- Deliver a range of services within a framework of legislation, statutory instruments, codes of practice, corporate policies, local systems, policies and guidance and good professional practice, including inspections, surveys, visits, investigations, take samples, monitor standards, investigate complaints and service requests, gather evidence, carry out interviews, take statements and determine appropriate action.
- Obtain and consider all available evidence and best practice advice; to undertake consistent, proportionate, targeted, accountable and transparent enforcement action to resolve any identified non-compliances. This may include seizure, prohibition, closure, etc and preparation and service of statutory or fixed penalty notices, simple cautions and other legal documents. Where authorised, to execute delegated enforcement powers and act as an Authorised Officer or signatory of the Council.
- Be a flexible and effective team member, supporting the service and its objectives by taking a flexible approach to places of work, team placement, work systems, practices, case allocation, times and hours of work.
- Take a flexible approach to duties outside of normal office hours during changes in demand, staffing unavailability, crisis, emergency etc.
- Deal sensitively and courteously with traders, customers and members of the public.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Driving Licence required
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Environmental Health Officer / Enforcement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.