- Pay Rate:
£19.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NEWHAM, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Engineering Technician – Highways & Sustainable Transport
Job Reference: Newham RQ784346
Pay Rate: £19.25 per hour PAYE
To be responsible for the planning, development and delivery of various parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport schemes within the Transport Policies & Programmes team.
To work as part of the Transport Policies & Programmes team identifying and progressing parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport schemes to implementation to help reduce congestion, improve road safety and air quality, to enable and encourage sustainable and active travel and to enhance the environment.
- The post-holder reports to the Senior Project Manager Traffic Management, Road Safety & Parking Design.
- The post holder has no line management responsibility but may be asked to help mentor junior staff including student engineers and apprentices.
- The post-holder is responsible for the development of parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport related schemes as allocated, from the investigation stage, through initial design and consultation, to detailed design and implementation, obtaining as necessary the required approvals and consents.
- The post-holder is expected to assist the Project Manager with project management tasks including the monitoring and management of specific parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport related schemes, and project programmes and budgets, as allocated.
- The post-holder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet service requirements.
- The post-holder has specific Health and Safety and risk management responsibilities in respect of co-ordinating service delivery.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- An appropriate further education engineering or other qualification
- To be willing to enrol in a professional development programme working towards a professional qualification.
- Experience of administration work relating to the analysis, design and implementation of Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking Design schemes, including the use of IT, familiar Microsoft Office software programs and relevant AutoCAD and other design packages.
- Experience of undertaking public consultation and report writing
- Experience of the application of design guidance and implementing best practice
- Experience of developing good working relationships with a wide range of internal and external parties and customers as part of developing effective service delivery
- Experience in the preparation, writing and submission of cogent reports and letters formed by collated, analysed and interpreted data
- Experience of Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking Design over a wide range of projects
- Good experience of the supervision and organisation of own workload
- Knowledge of the requirements of relevant
- Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of relevant guidelines and the latest professional developments and innovations relating to Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking Design.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking Design schemes and their analysis, design and implementation, including the supervision of contractors
- Good knowledge and skills sufficient to undertake and/or oversee a range of Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking Design schemes
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation and policy frameworks for Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking schemes
- Skills & Abilities:
- A confident, clear and effective communicator with the ability to adjust communication style to meet the needs of different audiences. This includes an ability to understand and respond effectively to enquiries and correspondence from the Mayor, MP’s, Cabinet Members & Councillors, schools, the public, businesses and other organisations
- Ability to both contribute and work harmoniously in a team situation and to work effectively on own initiative within defined parameters/deadlines
- Ability to identify appropriate and relevant data sources and to collate, analyse and interpret that data, including statistical and financial analysis
- Ability to manage time effectively and to achieve tasks to set deadlines without any supervision
- Ability to give accurate and up to date technical and professional advice both within and outside the group
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Willingness/ability to work out of hours
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Engineering Technician – Highways & Sustainable Transport
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.