- Pay Rate:
Up to £540 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Engineering Manager - Facility Design Solutions*Re-opened*
Contract Length: anticipated 12 months
Our client is looking to hire an Engineering Manager.
As an experienced Engineering Manager you will have over five years working in a defence and/or nuclear environment. Good experience in nuclear decommissioning or high hazard environment with design is highly desirable.
An Engineering Manager is required to identify options, select appropriate solution and provide facility design solutions. They will ensure that design intent and design information configuration are maintained from facility design inception through to project handover.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with good experience in nuclear decommission or high hazard environment with design. Oil and gas background as an advantage.
As Engineering Manager your responsibilities will be:
- Lead, drive communicate and deliver the facility design solution to meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance that is licensable and deliverable.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation
- Assess and advise on the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the
lifecycle (eg tender; construction; commissioning; handover)
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule.
- Recommend the budget and programme to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external) to execute facility design.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability, encompassing both Improvements and resource skills development.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Contract Length: anticipated 12 months
INSIDE IR35: Up to £540 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Interview Process: MS Teams
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Engineering Manager - Facility Design Solutions
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.