- Pay Rate:
up to £30.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Interim Energy Manager - Land & Property
Reference no: MCC TCL 0008 09A0 / 1
Pay Rate: up to £30.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
The purpose of this role is to provide proactive, highly-organised project management. Working to establish as a net-zero estate, you will seize opportunities to reduce carbon emissions across the estate, capitalising on identifying and applying for additional funding opportunities where they come up, whilst working closely and collaboratively with colleagues to align plans and programmes with sustainability objectives.
To deliver the CA’s strategic approach to Energy Reduction including the preparation of PSDS bids and managing the delivery of energy related capital schemes with full regard to Net Zero Biodiversity and Capital Credits. The role would manage the existing BMS (Building Management System) to deliver appropriate environments whilst ensuring the most efficient use of energy and they would support development of the estate, new BMS and metering strategy. The role will manage Energy data monitoring, assessment, reporting, and Asset performance and fault reporting / resolution. The resource implications of this work needs to be investigated against the programme of works to be developed
- To work with stakeholders across GM to coordinate delivery of the GM Land and Property programmes of work on behalf of the Director of Land and Property and the GM Land and Property Board.
- To act as the primary liaison between key partners and stakeholders to be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the delivery of agreed outputs from the Land and Property programme.
- To work with Estates officers across the public sector in GM to coordinate land and property programmes and delivering projects that deliver the objectives of the Land and Property business plan.
- To project manage and monitor funding awards to ensure efficient use of resources, providing assurance on delivery and actively support partners in identifying and securing additional funding to ensure delivery of project outputs on budget and to programme deadlines.
- Under the direction of the GM Director of Land and Property, to work with Estates lead officers across GM and Strategic Estates Groups to support delivery of partner ambitions that underpin GM key objectives and priorities.
- To support the Public Sector Decarbonisation Programme Board in the delivery of a coherent and evolving programme of work to reduce carbon emissions and retrofit the public sector estate.
- Risk assessment of organisational needs and development of an associated work programme based upon these risk assessments
- Providing a single point of contact for key clients/stakeholders/partner and ensuring that the needs of these parties are also taken into consideration during planning activity
- To seek, appreciate, interpret and incorporate the views of stakeholders into their work Contribute to the development, management and delivery of the strategic asset management activities.
- Working with the Director and other managers, this post will act as part of a single wider delivery team to contribute to and implement plans and activities
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Graduate level qualification in a relevant field / or equivalent substantial experience.
- Project Management qualification, such as APMG, PRINCE 2 Practitioner, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of successfully applying programme and project management principles, processes, and procedures.
- Knowledge in respect of the development and application of technology to support the land and property agenda.
- Knowledge of business analysis, process change, requirements definition, and alternate service delivery models.
- Knowledge and understanding of information records management and organisational governance arrangements.
- Understanding of business analysis, process change, and alternative service delivery models.
- Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering a wide range of complex transformation programmes / projects to a structured project management process (i.e. APMG, PRINCE 2) or equivalent to quality, time, and cost.
- Experience of managing successful programme / project teams and working with senior leaders and managers.
- Experience in building effective strategic relationships across a range of stakeholders to persuade, negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Experience of working cross-functionally and cross-organisationally, beyond one’s own professional areas of specialism.
- Experience of compiling clear and concise technical and non-technical reports and communication materials for a range of political, professional, and lay-person audiences.
- Experience in using a range of project management styles such as Prince2, MSP or Agile/Scrum .
- Experience of managing teams and motivating staff and working across organisations to deliver quality outcomes
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and funding strands
- Experience of production of high quality reports
- Experience of managing budgets and financial reporting
Skills & Abilities:
- Well-developed influencing and persuasive skills and ability to offer a persuasive argument both with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve key project milestones whilst retaining a positive attitude. Proven ability in managing relationships with project stakeholders at all levels of seniority through effective communication.
- Proven ability to secure and direct resources to fulfil work requirements over a wide area of service.
- Resource and financial management skills, including resolution of conflicting priorities, formulating budgets, rigorous monitoring and control procedures.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to problems.
- Effective development, management and staff motivation, providing strong leadership and direction within a team.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Energy Manager - Land & Property
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.