- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
- SUNDERLAND, Tyne & Wear,
Full Job Title: Temporary Equipment Officer – Care & Support Services
Job Reference: Prevention & Equipment Officer
Pay Rate: £11.70 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
As an Equipment Officer, you will support the business in delivering and demonstrating pieces of equipment to assessed customers, as well as assisting to carry out repairs when necessary and collect equipment when it is no longer needed.
Predominantly the post holder will work a rota pattern where you will work 1 weekend in 4. A willingness to drive vans is essential.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar delivery role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent customer care
- The ability to work under pressure
- A positive caring outlook and enabling attitude
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Enjoy a challenge and be flexible in your approach to work
- *** Experience & Knowledge that match the role description above – please ensure these are clearly shown in your CV.
- ICT Skills: Good IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Equipment Officer – Care & Support Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.