- Pay Rate:
Up to £18.50 per hour PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- NN16 STL,
ull Job Title: Temporary Benefits Officer – Assessments
Job Reference: NNC (HQ) 10337
Pay Rate: Up to £18.50 per hour PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Undertake a full investigation into a claimant’s circumstances before making an assessment, this will include, but is not limited to:
- Assessment of income and capital
- Verification of rent details
- Verification of household details
- Cross checking with other systems such as Searchlight and Revenues
- Determine start dates for changes
- Calculate overpayments and provide clear and concise notification letters to claimants
- Complete all documents required to meet with audit requirements i.e., Detailed notes and the workings of all calculations
- Ensure that correct subsidy codes are used to maximise income for the council.
- From the information supplied by a claimant carry out a simple benefit check to ensure they are receiving their maximum entitlement.
- Signpost or refer claimants who may be entitled to more benefit to appropriate channels.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- No mandatory qualification required
- Good standard of education
- Expert knowledge of Housing Benefit Regulations and Council Tax Rules
- Excellent written communications skills
- Good knowledge of State Benefits
- ICT Skills: Excellent IT skills focussed on the systems used by the Benefits Team
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
emporary Benefits Officer – Assessments
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.