- Pay Rate:
£19.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Wandsworth, London,
Temporary Electrical Engineer – Building Services
Reference no: Richmond & Wandsworth 6691-1
Pay Rate: £19.25 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to support the FM Technical Services function in the delivery of compliant electrical building services to all Wandsworth and Richmond Council SSA properties.
- Provide specialist Electrical support, as necessary.
- Participate within an out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours. Maybe required to work as part of a shift- rota.
- Electrical testing, fault finding and/or repairs and replacements to: Lighting internal and external, street and path lighting; Power including 3 Phase; Switchgear and associated equipment; Heating and ventilation systems; Addressable Fire Alarm Systems; Emergency lighting systems; Intruder alarm systems; Automatic door gear and door access systems; Motor Control Gear including Inverter Drives; Inverters; Plant controllers e.g. pressurization units, compressors. Industrial and domestic; Industrial and domestic hobs, ovens and cookers boilers.
- Undertake Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
- Minor Works Installations.
- Setting up electrical supplies for events.
- Reporting defects using the departments CAFM system.
- Other tasks as directed by the line manager that are commensurate with the role and within the skill set of the officer.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent.
- 19th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration High.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Delivering planned and reactive electrical maintenance in a pressurised, customer centric environment.
- Working with integrated contractors and supply chain partners Lone working as part of a shift / duty engineer rota.
- Receipting and updating tasks via PDA and working with CAFM Systems.
- Voltage and Low Voltage AP experience.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of electrical installations in commercial local authority buildings
- Extensive knowledge of the Council’s property locations and electrical assets within each.
- Health and safety and Safe Systems of Working.
- Excellent customer focused communication skills.
- Good organisational skills. Able to identify pragmatic solutions to operational problems.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence required for this role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Electrical Engineer – Building Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.