- Pay Rate:
£32.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- NORTH KENSINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Electrical Contract Manager – Resident Safety Team
Job Reference: K&C 5219977
Pay Rate: £19.85 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
To undertake service to contract management, surveying duties, and contribute to the delivery of an effective professional technical service within the Resident Safety Team (Contracts & Compliance).
To lead the provision of professional technical support and advice on the physical condition of Electrical service installations across the range of property types and provide support on the development of maintenance programmes and the effective management of associated tasks.
- Maintains electrical systems by establishing and enforcing preventive and on-going maintenance, and testing programs; scheduling repairs; coordinating shutdowns and installations.
- Assist the Contract Manager with the production of tender documents for planned maintenance and replacement programmes, and the efficient and effective delivery of contracted services.
- Undertake condition surveys, specifications of planned maintenance works and planned replacement as required in order to support the planned preventative maintenance programme.
- Through external service providers monitor and manage the Portable Appliance requirements, and Periodic Inspections responsibilities on behalf of the RBKC, also assisting on delivering the PPM programme regarding emergency lighting, the door entry and CCTV systems on behalf of the RBKC.
- The post holder will assist with ensuring regular testing takes place, in keeping with the latest guidance. Collection of test data and asset information will be required and proposals for investment in these services.
- Attend meetings, presentations and exhibitions for residents. This will require working outside normal working hours and at evenings and at various locations throughout the borough.
- The post holder will need to advise on changes to legislation and assist with altering the delivery of the services accordingly.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant Qualifications/experience or similar: (Qualified to 18th edition with C&G 2391, 2382-10 or 20 for electrical installation) (BS7671:2008)
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in inspection, testing, certification, and reporting procedures for electrical installation in domestic and commercial properties.
- Have a good understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Have a good understanding of building regulations and compliance.
- Experience and ability to work in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of the construction industry and site operations.
- Working knowledge of statutory legislation in regard to health & safety and to understand the need for rigorous risk assessment and method statement procedure.
- Knowledge of current developments in housing policy and customer service.
- Experience of working in social housing, local government or customer-service environment.
- Experience of working with tenants and leaseholders whose homes are undergoing major building works.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Can create and maintain constructive working relationship with people at all levels, both internally externally.
- Presentation, Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan own work in logical way without close supervision.
- Ability work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- ICT Skills:
- Ability to create basic spreadsheets, and update more complex ones
- Ability to do mail merges and issue communications to residents
- Proficient in Microsoft – Word & Excel
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Willingness to work outside office hours
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Electrical Contract Manager – Resident Safety Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.