- Pay Rate:
£15.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Hounslow, London,
Temporary Elective Home Education Coordinator - Children’s & Adults’ Service
Reference no: Hounslow 3607-1
Pay Rate: £15.82 per hour PAYE
Hybrid working - Home/Hounslow House/home visits
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the local authority is compliant with the law and regulations and has effective systems in place regarding home education (known as Elective Home Education or EHE)..
- Provide a specialist service to ensure that the Local Authority meets its education and safeguarding responsibilities towards children who are EHE in this borough including the development of policies and practices to ensure their best outcomes.
- Ensure databases linked to EHE are kept up to date and to provide data as required.
- Ensure all systems and inter-agency working arrangements with health, social care and education for EHE children are effective, efficient and comprehensive.
- Undertake home visits and all types of casework as required for EHE children and discharge safeguarding responsibilities where the home visit has flagged concerns.
- Monitor the suitability of home education provided by parents and take action where this is unsatisfactory to ensure that the educational needs of children educated at home are met.
- Provide advice and guidance on EHE to parents, schools and agencies including parent responsibilities and alternative options.
- Be responsible for managing and monitoring all EHE cases known to the Local Authority and to be responsible for all aspects of casework including the quality of the home education and curriculum.
- Provide a comprehensive, recorded report after each home visit and ensure the child is seen at the home visit.
- Foster good relationships with parents/carers who are home educating including giving feedback, assisting parents to assess their capability to provide education for their child at home.
- Seek feedback from EHE children and parents/carers on their home education experience.
- Ensure systems and the EHE database are effective, efficient, kept up to date, maintain accurate records of intervention and provide reports and data as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Recent EHE experience.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently but with awareness and willingness to seek and act on advice where necessary.
- Experience working with EHE families.
- A thorough understanding of EHE.
- Relevant and up to date knowledge of EHE legislation.
- Ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships with teams across the council, school leaders and colleagues;
- Strong customer care focus with a commitment to providing a responsive and flexible service which meets the needs of EHE families effectively as possible within the resources available;
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Elective Home Education Coordinator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.