- Pay Rate:
£395.79 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ILFORD, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Educational Psychologist – Children's Services
Job Reference: Redbridge RQ711562
Pay Rate: XXX
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To work with a patch of schools and/or complete EHCNA Advices.
To improve outcomes for all children and young people in particular, pupils with special educational needs, those at risk of exclusion and those whose life chances are impaired as a result of social and emotional deprivation.
To provide an effective psychological service to schools, children’s centres and other early years settings and to children and families living in the borough.
To apply psychology in working with professionals, teachers, parents and carers, children and officers of the local authority to analyse concerns and help improve the effectiveness of interventions for children with additional needs across the age range from 0-25 years.
- To provide a generic EP service, working within a consultation framework, including psychological assessment and intervention for children and young people from 0 – 25 years of age, workforce development, whole school/setting development and work with parents and carers.
- To provide statutory psychological advice in respect of children and young people undergoing statutory assessment under the provisions of the Children & Families Act (2014).
- To work collaboratively with colleagues within the Children’s Services department, with schools/settings and partner agencies and with parents and carers in identifying, understanding and addressing the educational and developmental needs of children and young people.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues within the Children’s Services department, with schools/settings and partner agencies and with parents and carers to support the promotion and implementation of local and national priorities and initiatives regarding children & young people.
- To act as a witness at the First Tier Tribunal as required.
- To contribute to the professional development of the service through sharing knowledge and expertise with colleagues in response to changes in local and national priorities.
- To share responsibility for building and maintaining a mutually supportive and collaborative team ethos.
- To participate in service monitoring and evaluation processes.
- To participate in the Council’s Performance Review and Development process.
- To participate in clinical supervision in accordance with service policy
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Doctorate qualification in Educational Psychology.
- A Doctorate or Master’s degree in Educational Psychology, and eligibility for chartered status within the British Psychological Society.
- HCPC registration essential.
- Recent, relevant in-service professional development.
- Detailed understanding and awareness of relevant SEN legislation.
- Experience of working with children and young people with SEN/Disability, and detailed knowledge of research informed interventions and approaches that prevent and meet SEN.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Educational Psychologist – Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.