- Pay Rate:
£17.48 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WEMBLEY, LONDON,
Temporary Education Penalty Notice Officer
Reference no: Brent 5226832
Pay rate £17.48 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
To work closely with the Education Welfare Officer, Finance and coordinate all aspects of issuing Education Penalty Notices (EPN) and collection of fines on behalf of the Education Welfare Service (EWS). To review the current processes and systems to ensure these are streamlined in order to provide a more efficient and effective response
- To ensure that the checking, coding, processing of invoices and calculation of payments are accurate and timely and reviewed on a regular basis.
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork relating to invoicing is correct and sent out on time and within deadlines.
- To input all payments and ensure these are in line with the stipulated criteria on Oracle.
- To ensure the input of all financial transactions are accurate and carried out in a timely fashion.
- To identify, investigate and redress any variances or financial irregularities which may arise and alert the Education Welfare Officer for Finance.
- Accurately monitor payments and non-payments of EPNs on Brent’s financial accounting system (Oracle) and take appropriate action when there is a need for amendment or withdrawal of notices
- To liaise with the Financial Service Centre in all aspects of payment and non-payment of Education Penalty Notices, to ensure timescales are adhered to and correct action taken
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to ‘A level’
- Knowledge of legislation relating to sections 7 and 444 of the Education Act 1996, the Education (Penalty Notices) (England) Regulations 2007, EWS Non-School Attendance Education Penalty Notices Local Code of Conduct, and the EWS Prosecution Policy
- Excellent IT skills especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage challenging conversations in a professional manner
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Education Penalty Notice Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.