- Pay Rate:
£14.71 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- SCUNTHORPE, Lincolnshire,
Temporary Education Inclusion Officer
Reference no: N Lincolnshire 5233172
Pay rate: £14.71 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: SCUNTHORPE, Lincolnshire
Enhanced DBS required for this role
An Education Inclusion Officer is required to support children and young people to access their educational opportunities. The successful candidate will have a sound understanding and commitment towards education as every child's legal entitlement to improve life chances and achieve their full potential.
- Partnership working with various agencies, schools, families, parents, children and young people often under challenging situations in order to effect positive changes and ensure the best for all children.
- Carry out case work in relation to school attendance, children missing in education, elective home education, looked after children in education, alternative provision and exclusions.
- Statutory level interventions. Support families through school exclusion processes, with appropriate challenge where necessary.
- Initiate legal proceedings in respect of irregular school attendance, school attendance orders (elective home education) including education supervision orders - which will include formulation of court reports and representation at court.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Experience of appropriately managing and responding to difficult situations in a calm and sensitive, fair and confidential manner.
- Able to identify effective ways of delivering early interventions and support to children and families, alongside supporting schools to proactively consider barriers through solution focussed planning.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Sound understanding and commitment towards education as every child's legal entitlement to improve life chances and achieve their full potential.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with children, young people and adults in an empathic way, developing rapport in order to explore barriers and positive change strategies and interventions is crucial.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to manage a diverse workload and respond to statutory expectations.
- Sound time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Education Inclusion Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.