- Pay Rate:
£20.11 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months (tbc)
Interim Education Advisor For Secondary Aged Children In Care
Reference no: PCC (HQ) 116288
Pay rate £20.11 per hour PAYE
To have responsibility for ensuring secondary school aged, care experienced children have a high quality, aspirational education which meets their holistic needs in a safe environment and relationally driven culture
- Recording all work undertaken with children in care on ePEP, maintaining accurate client records. Working with partners to ensure effective sharing of information within established protocols and support all offering appropriate support and professional challenge to education settings promoting a safe environment, relational practice and an aspirational education
- Leading and reviewing education meetings, ensuring agreed actions are completed and impactful.
- Ensuring that every child has an educational placement which reflects their particular needs, including Alternative Provision
- Working collaboratively with PVS team to quality-assure completed ePEPs and approve Pupil Premium Plus (PP+) funding requests ensuring children have access to a high quality, aspirational education which meets the child’s holistic needs
- Monitoring the academic progress and attendance of children in care, liaising with colleagues in other services to ensure that early intervention maximises attendance and avoids suspensions and permanent exclusions.
- Concerned to meet statutory requirements in respect of completion of ePEPs within timescale.
- Offering appropriate support and professional challenge to Designated Teachers and other education colleagues where children are experiencing distress and dysregulation which is impacting on their ability to engage with education and maintain positive relationships.
- Ensuring, when a child changes education setting, educational information is exchanged in a timely fashion and there is continuity of support.
- Providing advice on educational issues to social care staff and work closely with them to ensure that educational issues are appropriately prioritised in planning for children in care.
- Ensuring, where required, children in care have access to high-quality and impactful tuition and contribute to systems monitoring the oversight of all tuition
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Education Advisor For Secondary Aged Children In Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.