- Pay Rate:
£16.13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Reference no: Derbyshire 5228838
Pay rate £16.13 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
An ecologist that is professionally competent and experienced to provide ecological comments on planning applications. They will need to have a working knowledge of how ecological advice needs to be framed through the National Planning Policy Framework
- To prepare, implement and monitor strategies for ecology and wildlife conservation by the County Council in furtherance of its statutory duties, powers, policies – including Development Plan policies, the Derbyshire Local Agenda 21 Strategy, the Countryside Strategy and other strategies – and plans to which the County Council is a partner, including Local Biodiversity Action Plans.
- To provide specialist advice on ecological matters to the County Council, including advice relating to statutory duties and powers, policy formulation, sustainable development, preparation of environmental statements for County Council development proposals, development control, management of land in County Council ownership and Best Value.
- To work with the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust and other organisations and to negotiate with relevant agencies to secure action and projects for biodiversity needed to meet the requirements of the County Council, and to liaise with the DWT and other partners in the preparation and review of Local Biodiversity Action Plans, including the Mid Derbyshire, Peak District and National Forest LBAPs.
- To work with other partner organisations in establishing and monitoring a Derbyshire Biodiversity Network as part of the National Biodiversity Network, including the secure funding of a local biological records centre and systems for sites of importance for nature conservation and the provision of appropriate access to this information for the public and private sectors and individuals.
- To promote in conjunction with other partner organisations, the management, enhancement, creation and interpretation of nationally and locally important species and their habitats in Derbyshire and the public awareness and enjoyment of them.
- To ensure appropriate liaison between the County Council and regional and countywide fora to ensure that the biodiversity of Derbyshire and action taken to protect and enhance it, is appropriately recognised and considered.
- To seek grants, contributions and other resources from the public and private sectors to assist with the above tasks.
- To understand and comply with the County Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post.
- To give due regard to the Council’s environmental policies
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Honours degree in Ecology or Environmental Management, encompassing ecological principles, habitat management and habitats and species of the British Isles
- Understanding and awareness of sustainability issues and Local Agenda 21
- Wildlife legislation
- Relevant national and regional agencies and policies/strategies
- In excess of 5 years relevant experience
- Proven track record in project development and management including understanding of major funding initiatives and preparation of bids
- IT literate with special reference to word processing, Microsoft Access, and GIS
- Ability to write and present information on technical conservation matters both in reports and verbally
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.