- Pay Rate:
£11.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, 08:30-17:00
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- EXETER, Devon,
Temporary Early Years Practitioner
Reference no: AFC TCL RQ1193293
Pay rate: £11.05 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 40 Monday – Friday, 08:30-17:00
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
City: EXETER, Devon
Enhanced DBS required for this role
An Early Years Practitioner is required to work as part of a team to create an environment in which children’s individual needs are met and high standards of care are provided, which meet the requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Contribute to the effective care of the children, meeting all needs, including the facility of both indoor and outdoor play experiences.
- Develop productive working relationships with parents/carers, resulting in the appropriate sharing of information with regards to the needs of the children.
- Provide learning programmes for individual or groups of children appropriate to their needs and developmental stages in accordance with Early Years legislation and guidance.
- Prepare dedicated areas/rooms within the setting on specific working patterns through planning, managing ratio of children, provision of a stimulating and appropriate range of activities and ensuring health and care needs are met.
- Assume the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children’s individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents.
- Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, encouraging positive self-image in children and their family regardless of cultural heritage, race, religious beliefs, disability or gender.
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety requirements in the setting adhering to legislative and organisational guidance.
- Contribute to the effective financial management of the setting through maintaining reputation, utilising resources effectively and promoting the setting with parents /community.
- Be alert to child protection and safeguarding issues and inform appropriate line managers of concerns in line with safeguarding policies and procedures. Demonstrate awareness and a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility.
- Understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practices.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Must hold NVQ 2 in Child Care.
- Paediatric First Aid qualification or ability to achieve.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or ability to achieve.
- Experience working in an early year’s child care setting or a setting working with children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Good experience within early year planning, observation and reflection of children and their learning (desirable).
- Experience of working in a team providing high quality services for children.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A thorough current working knowledge of children’s emotional, physical, psychological and educational developmental needs from 0 to 5 years.
- Working knowledge of particular requirements of children with special needs in terms of support, development and care.
- Knowledge of The Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Awareness and understanding of child protection and safeguarding issues for children aged 0 to 5 years.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to maintain records to comply with organisational expectations and national regulatory inspections, Ofsted/Care Inspectorate.
- An effective communicator and listener across multiple age groups.
- Efficient, expressive and creative and solution focused.
- Confident using digital systems to record and plan, observe and communicate with others.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Early Years Practitioner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.