- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, 08:00-16:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- SCUNTHORPE, North Lincolnshire,
Temporary Early Years Educator x3
Reference no: N Lincolnshire 5240641
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, 08:00-16:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: SCUNTHORPE, North Lincolnshire
Enhanced DBS required for this role
The purpose of this role is to undertake duties associated with the day-to-day operation of the Children’s Centre Full Day Care in accordance to the Children’s Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted. To encourage and support all aspects of the children’s development, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Ensure the setting delivers high quality services, embracing quality assurance, by implementing the standards and continuously improving the setting.
- Undertake a proactive Key Person role and build positive relationships with parents/carers and professionals to support the individual needs of every child.
- Implement all policies and procedures within the setting.
- Maintain a safe, secure friendly and clean environment.
- Contribute to the planning of and deliver programmes of activity for the children.
- Prepare meals/snacks for the children and ensure meal/snack times are pleasant social sharing and meet the individual dietary and healthy eating requirements.
- Build a portfolio of observational assessments and identify children’s progression in accordance with the requirements of the EYFS.
- Access regular training updates and attend monthly staff meeting to ensure sharing of information.
- Contribute and attend information sharing events for parents/carers.
- Responsible for small amounts of cash in respect of fees taken from parents to be recorded and placed in a locked cabinet for the Nursery Manager to further deal with.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Level 3 qualification in Early Years Child Care is a statutory requirement for this post.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working within a childcare setting and working with the EYFS framework.
- Experience of contributing to the planning and implementation of appropriate programmes of activity for the children in collaboration with other staff.
- Experience of keeping accurate written records on key children and sharing all information with parents/carers.
- Knowledge of the role of a proactive key worker building positive relationships with parents/carers and other professionals to support the individual needs of every child.
- Knowledge of legislation in respect of safeguarding and council procedures.
- Understanding of policies and procedures relating to the provision of day care and maintain a safe, friendly and clean environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to produce written records of children’s development gained primarily through observation and assessment.
- Skills and knowledge to build a portfolio of observational assessments and identify children’s progression in accordance with the requirements of the EYFS.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work as part of a team and support colleagues.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Early Years Educator x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.