- Pay Rate:
£20.71 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ENFIELD, LONDON,
Interim Early Intervention Officer - Housing
Reference no: Enfield RQ789659
Pay rate £20.71 per hour PAYE
Standard DBS disclosure required
Provide a quality service of housing options, advice and homeless prevention casework to fulfil the authority’s statutory function to prevent homelessness in accordance with Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Effectively work with an array of prevention tools e.g. Prevention Fund, Discretionary Hardship Payments and court representation to prevent homelessness, wherever possible, or to facilitate a move into suitable, affordable accommodation.
- Accurately and robustly process housing and homelessness applications within agreed timescales, adhering to relevant policies, procedures, legislation case law and guidance.
- Arrange and undertake home visits where appropriate to confirm homelessness, to inspect housing standards / conditions or to verify a household’s circumstances
- Liaise with the Councils Find Your Own Home Scheme and Procurement Services to secure accommodation where a housing duty is owed.
- Competently interpret and explain clearly complex legal matters to tenants, landlords and other interested parties. To have a detailed understanding of security of tenure including tenancy agreements, defending possession proceedings, harassment, illegal eviction, disrepair issues and tenancy sustainment.
- Provide a clear and accurate response within corporate timescales to legal challenges, MP and councillors enquiries, complaints, phone and written enquiries including complex correspondence to the Housing Options and Advice Team.
- Work in partnership with other partners including Gateway Services, Revenues and Benefits, Floating Support and external organisations to identify and make referrals to specialist initiatives to prevent homelessness i.e. rent deposit/bond schemes.
- Be fully conversant with welfare benefit entitlements including Housing benefit regulations, Discretionary housing payments, Local Housing allowance.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by management
- Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good General Standard of Education
- Experience of effectively preventing homelessness or ability to carry out robust enquiries and competently deciding homelessness applications in accordance with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Experience of front-line contact with the public and communicating complex information in a clear and tactful manner while ensuring high levels of customer service
- Experience of negotiating effectively, and working in partnership with other departments, external agencies to achieve corporate goals
- Good computer skills and the ability to use and navigate IT databases input, retrieve, store and effectively manage information
- Ability to effectively manage a caseload whilst ensuring effective planning, prioritisation, case recording and communication with customers
- Ability to deal with complex, difficult or contentious enquiries or complaints
- Ability to work using own initiative as part of a team while, effectively and efficiently managing workloads, prioritising work and adopting a flexible approach to changing and competing demands
- Ability to effectively resolve problems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Early Intervention Officer - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.