- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Early Help Advice Officer/Admin – Children’s Services
Reference no: Sunderland EH Advice Officer Oct22
Pay Rate: £12.92 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
Hybrid working available
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Early Help Advice and Allocations Team to ensure that effective early help support is allocated in a timely fashion to children, young people and families.
- Take telephone and e-mail queries about early help, providing advice or signposting callers to the most appropriate officer for a response.
- Monitor the Early Help Advice and Allocations Team (EHAAT) e-mail inbox and ensure a response to all queries.
- Work as part of a team with the Supporting Families Co-ordinator, the Early Help Senior Practitioners (Family Centres) and the Families Information Service staff to ensure that all roles are covered during periods of absence or illne Create contacts within the operating system for outside agencies
- Attach information from outside agencies to contacts raised in the operating system
- Monitor the progress of Early Help Plans and Reviews, seeking updates from partner agencies where these are missing
- Cleanse on a regular basis the operating system to ensure that all open cases are being worked.
- Act as the single point of contact for children, young people and families referred for early help from the Early Help Service.
- Ensure information about children and families stepping down from Children’s Social Care, or otherwise referred to the EHAAT, is co-ordinated and collated.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that a response is provided to all queries, not just those requiring early help advice.
- Pass concerns about safeguarding and about early help to relevant officers within the Early Help Services and within Children’s Social Care.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 3 or higher qualification in an appropriate discipline, or experience of a similar post.
- Level 2 English (Grade C GCSE or equivalent).
- Level 2 mathematics (Grade C GCSE or equivalent).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience working with data systems and processes
- Ability to prioritise or reprioritise workload, meet stringent deadlines and targets and work to national standards
- Experience working in a challenging and pressured environment.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- The problems faced by children, young people and their families nationally, regionally and locally.
- The legal framework pertaining to safeguarding and child protection.
- The Supporting Families programme.
- SEND Code of Practice.
- The Sunderland context and services available to support families.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Early Help Advice Officer/Admin – Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.